JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man, I can't keep up with this. OK, if you have been banned from the JK-F***M, or have moved from there to here, just post here and you'll be added to the growing list. If I've missed anyone, I apologize. This placed has just boomed in the last week.:D

1. MichaelW
2. nam6869usmc
3. paragon
4. gcg
5. dayton1999
6. Rupedog
7. AZCA jeeper
8. obxjeep
9. 07JKFan
10. OnlyInMyJeep
11. AZtoad
12. BigO
13. KrunchyTaco
14. BeerMonkey
15. Still Living
16. Mike S
17. CaptSam 54
18. jeffmarion
19. priell3
20. red319
21. papabear
22. Grant211
23. ThrottleJunkie
24.usmcdoc14
25.Dougolupski
26.BlkRuby

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MossMan.....check.:)

1. MichaelW
2. nam6869usmc
3. paragon
4. gcg
5. dayton1999
6. Rupedog
7. AZCA jeeper
8. obxjeep
9. 07JKFan
10. OnlyInMyJeep
11. AZtoad
12. BigO
13. KrunchyTaco
14. BeerMonkey
15. Still Living
16. Mike S
17. CaptSam 54
18. jeffmarion
19. priell3
20. red319
21. papabear
22. Grant211
23. ThrottleJunkie
24. usmcdoc14
25. Dougolupski
26. BlkRuby
27. MossMan

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think you guys have it all wrong, they dont ban people over there, just ask them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Okay first I never asked my name be added to any list be it just because I post in two places, I defected, or whatever. Too many of you are starting to cause trouble and I don't want to be confused in the guilty by association group. I came here because Rupedog told me about it in a personal e-mail (my personal address and a phone call to boot). I figured if he was not hanging out at the site I met him on I would follow him just to keep in touch more easily. I am glad to see a lot of familiar faces but it would take a lot more for me to want my name on the list which BTW is most likely a most wanted list with the mods over there.
Second who decided to attempt to start a "Board War"? Whether you meant to or not it is slowly becoming one. Folks posting stuff over here and making posts that are a little inflamatory over there (which of course gets deleted). Many of the same folks seem to be getting a kick out of doing it and that begins to make it hard for those of us who want to stay neutral to visit and post in either place.
Third and a case in point for my second statement also it's what lead up to this reply. Why did you post a screen capture from a message you get at the other board? This serves only to fan the flames and make things worse. I know the rules here are you are free to do and say as you please but does the topic have to be the other board? Does it have to show them in a bad light?
With all of this I have tried to give my opinion to where I felt things were going. Many said not to worry it will get better. Folks will lay off talking about it. Well it is not getting better. It looks like some folks have nothing better to do than make it worse. Please folks if you got banned, moderated, limited, or whatever overe there it does not matter. Come here have a beer chill out and get on with it. :beer: What is done is done and no matter what you do and say complaining about it only serves to make you look worse and not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
dude, WTF?? reason: none ??

Okay first I never asked my name be added to any list be it just because I post in two places, I defected, or whatever. Too many of you are starting to cause trouble and I don't want to be confused in the guilty by association group.
there will be no trouble here.

I came here because Rupedog told me about it in a personal e-mail
welcome to the group, we hope you stay

BTW is most likely a most wanted list with the mods over there.
That is childish and retarded if it is being done

Second who decided to attempt to start a "Board War"? Whether you meant to or not it is slowly becoming one. Folks posting stuff over here and making posts that are a little inflamatory over there (which of course gets deleted). Many of the same folks seem to be getting a kick out of doing it and that begins to make it hard for those of us who want to stay neutral to visit and post in either place.
1st, there will be no "board war" at all, end of discussion.

Now as for "inflammatory" posts over there. I had one of my PM's edited (you can see my thread in chit chat here) and my thread deleted. And I played the same game with one of the moderators there of "i am going to delete your items and not tell you" that I played with him when I first arrived at that board, LONG before this current board existed in its current format. I was not starting anything affiliated with "here"
It was a personal issue against me.

If anyone does go there to "start shat" they will get warned and then band here, simple rules.

Third and a case in point for my second statement also it's what lead up to this reply. Why did you post a screen capture from a message you get at the other board? This serves only to fan the flames and make things worse. I know the rules here are you are free to do and say as you please but does the topic have to be the other board? Does it have to show them in a bad light?
because it is a place to "vent". The people on "here" are the same friends you had over "there" and they are the only ones to understand what is going on. Its not like you can explain this to a person in the "real world" who has no clue what you are talking about. Nor would it be easy to explain your situation to someone in another forum who also has no clue what you are talking about.

the people here know the issues and can sympathize with you. like how I questioned his "no reason" banning.

With all of this I have tried to give my opinion to where I felt things were going. Many said not to worry it will get better. Folks will lay off talking about it. Well it is not getting better. It looks like some folks have nothing better to do than make it worse. Please folks if you got banned, moderated, limited, or whatever overe there it does not matter. Come here have a beer chill out and get on with it. :beer: What is done is done and no matter what you do and say complaining about it only serves to make you look worse and not the other way around.
I would not stress it. In time it will pass and people will (hopefully) be happy here. I hope you yourself hang around as a level head is always a welcome addition.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Third and a case in point for my second statement also it's what lead up to this reply. Why did you post a screen capture from a message you get at the other board? This serves only to fan the flames and make things worse.
Make what things worse? Do you think Eddie is going to stretch out and IP ban me from the internet as a whole???? How does showing the fact that what has occured... and it's not a simple ban for a month to make sure you understand the rules, sort of thing. It was a oops, yeah, you caught me in a bunch of lies and I will IP ban you so you can't tell other members of this forum about my lies, sort of thing..... how does that constitute a board war.

Great, fine, dandy.... you want to ignore how things are and what transpires to other people just so long as it doesn't happen to you. But a few others simply want to make some Jeepers aware of how they were treated on the forum and hope to help them realize certain things.

And FWIW, I have been IP banned from that site for around 10 months or so... I can't visit it. So I don't really take kindly to your implication of
"Folks posting stuff over here and making posts that are a little inflamatory over there (which of course gets deleted). Many of the same folks seem to be getting a kick out of doing it and that begins to make it hard for those of us who want to stay neutral to visit and post in either place.
Third and a case in point for my second statement also it's what lead up to this reply. Why did you post a screen capture from a message you get at the other board? This serves only to fan the flames and make things worse. I know the rules here are you are free to do and say as you please but does the topic have to be the other board? Does it have to show them in a bad light?"
Try asking what has occured before you get you bent about something instead of making incorrect assumptions.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
dude, WTF?? reason: none ??
Caught Eddie in a couple of lies about some vendor or vendors or something.... then called him out on farming for members from JKBoard after he had told Mike he wasn't going to do it.

Final straw was though that I hadn't visited in a few weeks and there was some giveaway and I posted in the thread with something like "wonder what the chances of ME winning this giveaway"

My post was deleted.

So I called the vendor and told what happened and told what happened prior on something and that he flat lied to another vendor...... I then get the IP ban.

Not really sure if I ever one that giveaway though, since I was IP banned and couldn't check.:D

There's a little more to it, Eddie made some crack about me owning a Hummer... and that same other kind of BS that he rambles off.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
oops... It's been so long I had to go back to a post I made on another forum to remind me of what transpired.

I was banned because of entering the contest and it said

You have been banned for the following reason:
Sorry, but I think you've over-stayed your welcome - Good bye

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Then I complained to whomever the vendor was what was going on and he lifted the ban and then a few weeks later I tried to log back in and was IP banned.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Make what things worse? Do you think Eddie is going to stretch out and IP ban me from the internet as a whole???? How does showing the fact that what has occured... and it's not a simple ban for a month to make sure you understand the rules, sort of thing. It was a oops, yeah, you caught me in a bunch of lies and I will IP ban you so you can't tell other members of this forum about my lies, sort of thing..... how does that constitute a board war.

Great, fine, dandy.... you want to ignore how things are and what transpires to other people just so long as it doesn't happen to you. But a few others simply want to make some Jeepers aware of how they were treated on the forum and hope to help them realize certain things.

And FWIW, I have been IP banned from that site for around 10 months or so... I can't visit it. So I don't really take kindly to your implication of

Try asking what has occured before you get you bent about something instead of making incorrect assumptions.
It was not just you that is causing the flames to be fanned. There has been a few recent deletions and such. All the discussion helps to do is further fan the flames between members here and members there who at this point do not like each other and can not get along. When you got fires (of dislike or dare I say hate) on both sides of a river how long does it take those who cross the bridge to get needed supplies (information on jeeps if you will) to get burned? Worse yet how long before the bridge gets burned and no one can go either location and are stuck where they landed?

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
I would have banned you too ya gay arse hummer owner you :thefinger::laughing:

That very same day I got banned from the hummer forum that I helped build because they learned I was dumping the H2 for a JK. That or I came out of the closet, one.... I'm not sure.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
It was not just you that is causing the flames to be fanned. There has been a few recent deletions and such. All the discussion helps to do is further fan the flames between members here and members there who at this point do not like each other and can not get along. When you got fires (of dislike or dare I say hate) on both sides of a river how long does it take those who cross the bridge to get needed supplies (information on jeeps if you will) to get burned? Worse yet how long before the bridge gets burned and no one can go either location and are stuck where they landed?
I'm thinking you might simply be making more of this than it is. It's not an us vs. them type of thing and shouldn't be. Eddie and, by proxy, some of the moderators and backers chose to act inappropriately towards certain members and it's only fair that those members be allowed to voice their displeasure with how they were treated.

Why do you continue wanting to silence this? If someone does business with a company that is sleazy and underhanded, is it not right to inform others of the practices that business practices? This is no different.

If your PMs aren't "private", the admin has a pattern of lying, changing user posts, banning for things that are not a part of the stated rules, etc.... why would it be a bad thing to bring it to the attention of visitors here through posts such as this so that they can be aware of what transpires there and be on the look out for it and take steps accordingly.

Sweeping it under the rug and pretending it all hasn't and doesn't happen certainly serves no purpose except for those that want to post in both places without fear of being banned there for insuborination to that forum.

Personally, I have no issues with any general members there and can't for my life understand why anyone else would.... either way.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm thinking you might simply be making more of this than it is. It's not an us vs. them type of thing and shouldn't be. Eddie and, by proxy, some of the moderators and backers chose to act inappropriately towards certain members and it's only fair that those members be allowed to voice their displeasure with how they were treated.

Why do you continue wanting to silence this? If someone does business with a company that is sleazy and underhanded, is it not right to inform others of the practices that business practices? This is no different.

If your PMs aren't "private", the admin has a pattern of lying, changing user posts, banning for things that are not a part of the stated rules, etc.... why would it be a bad thing to bring it to the attention of visitors here through posts such as this so that they can be aware of what transpires there and be on the look out for it and take steps accordingly.

Sweeping it under the rug and pretending it all hasn't and doesn't happen certainly serves no purpose except for those that want to post in both places without fear of being banned there for insuborination to that forum.

Personally, I have no issues with any general members there and can't for my life understand why anyone else would.... either way.
Why should anything happening there be a part of things happening here? Why should it matter to ANYONE here what goes on there with only the same exception you mentioned. There are members here and there who would like to remain members both places peacefully. By all the badmouthing and such going on here and related to this forum about the other forum (as has been said folks have been banned for inviting friends and posting about this place) it makes it hard for those of us (and I am not alone) who actually like it both places. Some of us can follow the rules even the unwritten ones because we know or using our common sence expect that certian behaviour/posts will not be allowed.
As has been guessed I want to stay both places and neutral as far as the site, moderator, or owner bashing goes and wish others on this site would kindly do the same. This is not asking for respect for Eddie or his board but for the members here who share a membership there. I mean recently someone admits so signing up here with another name due to his membership there out of fear he would not be able to continue in a discussion (I assume) about something he has an issue with concerning his JK. This is not because Eddie bans all members who join here but rather the behaviour here and by certian members here if it continues will lead to that because he will have to in order to protect the site he has worked to build regardless of what we think about it or him. Many of us (I can't say all) have been on the internet and in message boards to understand what I am talking about and have seen it happen. We all know this is how that BS starts and personally I would like to prevent it here.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I have to reply.

No one here is interested in any board war of any type. If individuals are going someplace else to invite their friends, there is nothing you or I can do to stop it.

This board allows people to speak freely. The good and bad about that is you get to hear the good and the bad. I don't think I'd classify anyone here as bad mouthing as much as venting. This will be allowed here. For anyone.

No one here is being banned, limited or chastised for visiting whatever place they want. No one here is in fear of mentioning they visit other locations.

I really want to see this community grow. I do want all of us to get along. I still believe that the venting will come and go in cycles and eventually it will just be background noise.

It will just take some time and patience. There never will be a time when it is this place or that place because for this place you can freely visit any place. The only limits that exist won't come from here.

Let's try to move along. :beer:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Why should anything happening there be a part of things happening here? Why should it matter to ANYONE here what goes on there with only the same exception you mentioned.
Because members from "there" seem to be coming here and expressing their frustrations "here" because they don't seem to be able to vent those frustrations "there."

Again, I don't think the dynamics of the situation is being fully understood. Every time a member "there" recognizes something screwy or wrong in their opinion and goes looking around for something similar that has occured, they tend to post their experience here and other boards and it perpetuates.

I'm sorry, but if you feel that you cannot participate in both places without reprisal due to someone else's conduct.... how can you not see that there is simply something wrong with that?

It seems you are short of saying that the same sort of censorship that many have complained of at Jk-forum should be implemented here so that you, personally, won't have to worry about your membership priveledges being questioned there.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts