JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how many of you may have weighed your Jeep to see how much it actually weighs. We dragged an old car to the scrap yard the other day, and I got to see the actual weight for the first time.

5,680lbs with 1/4 tank of gas, me, wife and our 1yo onboard. :eek:

thats like 28lbs per horse power.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have. I can't remember exactly what it was but it seems like it was around 5400 lbs. Hardtop, full tank, 35's, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, winch w/syn line. It's gone on a diet, so I'd be curious how much what it's lost.

I'm building a lightweight bumper. Pitching the Smitty rear, I've cut 100lbs alone. It's total weight w/ spare was 230. :eek:

·
Registered
799 Posts
:) My '08 JKUR weighs (certified), 4945lbs/w full tank of gas--no load--empty and no driver/passengers-etc

--JIMBO

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Put mine on the local truck scale last year. Can't remember what the fuel level was, but with winch, bumpers, 4" lift and 37s plus a full Poly skid system it came in at 5100 lbs. I'm trying to keep it in that range, so any mod is reviewed for incremental weight gain. No steel flares, etc. for this piggy.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:) Kewl, I'll assume you have a 6spd maual, but what's your gearing ??

Put mine on the local truck scale last year. Can't remember what the fuel level was, but with winch, bumpers, 4" lift and 37s plus a full Poly skid system it came in at 5100 lbs. I'm trying to keep it in that range, so any mod is reviewed for incremental weight gain. No steel flares, etc. for this piggy.
:dustin::jeep2: JIMBO

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
i remember being a touch over 5800 with hardtop and doors on, me in it, and a fullish tank of gas. but i probably had ~100lbs of stuff in the jeep (clothes, tools, a case of water, ect)

·
Registered
383 Posts
HOLY SHIT.
I didnt realize how heavy this thing is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts