JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a 4in Pro Comp lift but just picked up the RE Long Arm upgrade. I'm trying to decide if I should pick up the JKS ACOS Pros or just get a set of RE 4.5in coils...any thoughts??? Reason I am thinking of the ACOS is to get 1 or 2in of more lift to give my 37s a little more room. Appreciate the feedback!

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Spend the money and buy better coils. Congrats on Ditching the Pro-Crap. You should join us on a Thursday meet in Manteca or one of our outings :) Welcome to JKO

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha! yeah, I had originally ordered a RE 3.5in kit last year, but I couldn't have timed it worse. The day I brought my JK in I was told RE was closing up shop. Luckily they're back and I can upgrade! Cool deal, I'll be spending a hell of a lot less on new coils instead of the ACOS. Frees up the cash for some RR Knuckles and PolyPerformance steer kit! Thanks for the welcome!

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Haha! yeah, I had originally ordered a RE 3.5in kit last year, but I couldn't have timed it worse. The day I brought my JK in I was told RE was closing up shop. Luckily they're back and I can upgrade! Cool deal, I'll be spending a hell of a lot less on new coils instead of the ACOS. Frees up the cash for some RR Knuckles and PolyPerformance steer kit! Thanks for the welcome!
That combo would go a good bit farther then the original thinking :) Good choice

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to ask, what's going on in Manteca this Thursday?

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Family- JK hosts a get together most Thursdays at his house. They usually work on small things that people need to get done. CB,s, cages, fluids, and in general hanging out drinking a beer and bs'ng with friends ;) Under thread Valley Jeep night. 30 min from you

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66627&page=14

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your going to just replace the springs get the Poly ones
Really, over RE? I'm assuming they're the Synergy springs on the Poly website? Any suggestions on who to order them from? I normally get all my stuff from 4WP Oak

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Order them thru Poly, bring them to a meet and we will help you install them.
Haha, yeah I've dropped PLENTY of cash there :suicide: ...Damn, this is my first night posting on this forum and it is already 10 times better than the other one I was on! This is awesome! I really appreciate all this! I'll be ordering the springs, steer kit and RR knuckles this week...STOKED!!!

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Haha, yeah I've dropped PLENTY of cash there :suicide: ...Damn, this is my first night posting on this forum and it is already 10 times better than the other one I was on! This is awesome! I really appreciate all this! I'll be ordering the springs, steer kit and RR knuckles this week...STOKED!!!
ha, We are here to help each other and enjoy the sport, unlike unmentionables :)

Also, thanks for your service, and nice choice on the tan ;)

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ha, We are here to help each other and enjoy the sport, unlike unmentionables :)

Also, thanks for your service, and nice choice on the tan ;)
Appreciate it! I'll try and make it this Thursday to meet everyone. If I'm not able to, is it just every Thursday at whoever can host?

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Appreciate it! I'll try and make it this Thursday to meet everyone. If I'm not able to, is it just every Thursday at whoever can host?
Keep an eye on the Valley meet post, Jim usually updates it before to confirm if it is on for each week.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Parts List

Ok, parts ordered. Some changes though after talking to Poly on the phone for a bit:

Synergy 4.5in front coils
Synergy 3.0in rear coils (they said to use the 3in to level my JK & still clear the 37s)
Synergy steering correction kit w/flip adapter
Synergy chromoly tie rod
steering stabilizer tie rod clamp

Dropped the RR knuckles because the dude I spoke to said the track bar bracket on the steering correction kit doesn't work with the RR knuckles. He said it would have required a weld on track bar bracket...

What do you guys think, any changes I should make?

· Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Idk but it seems like a 1.5 " is a big difference in front and rear coil heights.

Even with a nice heavy bumper and winch doesn't seem like u would need that much up front to level it out.

Poly makes some nice stuff:beer:

Is this thing on......?

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Idk but it seems like a 1.5 " is a big difference in front and rear coil heights.

Even with a nice heavy bumper and winch doesn't seem like u would need that much up front to level it out.

Poly makes some nice stuff:beer:

Is this thing on......?
It was actually a drop in the rear 1in from the current 4in coils I have on there. They said the JKs are made with the rear end sitting a little higher, so they've been doing a lot of 3in coils in the rear on 4in lifts. I figure they know better than I do!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.