JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas you guys with the Ace Flat fenders...

1. How do you like them

2. at the top on every picture I have seen it seems as though there is a part of the old indent that shows thru the top of the fender. Is that true or is it just a reflection that I am seeing? Or does the fender at the top fit flatly on the tub?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Mine are on the way, hopefully they will be on next week. I will let you know then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a post on another forum some guy had the same gap problem on his fenders and he installed a 1/8 in or so beaded trim piece he remembered from n old 60's Beetle. It looked nice. Search the other forums for "Agent Orange".

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm hopping to see Greg's (glomb23) in person before I commit to these. Can't beat the price though!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just watched the video on their website. The gap is there. I'd be a little concerned with mud and crap getting stuck in there.

Aside from that, seems like a solid product.
Im not really that concerned with crap getting in there. I just dont like the look... sorry :) Its something that petty.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'll have some pics for everyone hopefully by tomorrow night if I get time to do them.

Perry, you'll most likely see them over the weekend.
I'm looking forward to seeing them. Its going to make or break my decision.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No beauty queen. Just don't like the gap. If you like it congrats.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don't believe it is a gap allowing daylight through, rather a slight curve/radius in the stamped steel of the fender and the fender is slightly flatter than the playskol factory fenders.

If you watch the installation video, you can see there is steel behind the fender and there are multiple mounting points in that area.

I'm with you; you wat it to look correct. If there is a JKer with the ACE fenders in our area, perhaps they could show you theirs.

I can't say as I'm awaiting mine to install.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If your looking for flaws you'll find them in everything. I've seen a few poison spider fenders and they all had gaps in the rear fenders (2 door and 4 door)

As for a gap if there is one, you could use black rtv. That would keep the mud and dirt out

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't believe it is a gap allowing daylight through, rather a slight curve/radius in the stamped steel of the fender and the fender is slightly flatter than the playskol factory fenders.

If you watch the installation video, you can see there is steel behind the fender and there are multiple mounting points in that area.

I'm with you; you wat it to look correct. If there is a JKer with the ACE fenders in our area, perhaps they could show you theirs.

I can't say as I'm awaiting mine to install.
That is exactly what I am talking about. The curve in the stamped steel of the tub. I simply don't like the way it looks. But apparently it does exist and it's not just a reflection in the pics.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
There is only one aftermarket flare out there that fits like a factory piece - Nemesis. Everything else is going to have little differences here and there like you noticed. If that stuff bothers you, you gotta pay to play!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is only one aftermarket flare out there that fits like a factory piece - Nemesis. Everything else is going to have little differences here and there like you noticed. If that stuff bothers you, you gotta pay to play!
i know...

i know...

I like the Bushwackers fit and finish and the inside the wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.