JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday my ac was working (don't use it very often ) Monday it wasn't. I'm original owner on a 2008 liberty sport (106k miles) .never recharged system so I figured that would do it .got set up to charge system and found compressor not running (engine running, blower on hi and ac on ). gauge on recharge hose (low side) read over 100psi? what's that all about?

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Friday my ac was working (don't use it very often ) Monday it wasn't. I'm original owner on a 2008 liberty sport (106k miles) .never recharged system so I figured that would do it .got set up to charge system and found compressor not running (engine running, blower on hi and ac on ). gauge on recharge hose (low side) read over 100psi? what's that all about?
That sounds fairly normal when the compressor isn’t running. When the compressor runs the low side will get pulled down and the high side will go up. When the compressor isn’t running, the pressures will equalize again.

As for why the compressor won’t run; could be a fuse, relay, pressure switch, wiring, compressor clutch, etc. Do you have a multi-meter? Either way I’d start by checking for a blown fuse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sounds fairly normal when the compressor isn’t running. When the compressor runs the low side will get pulled down and the high side will go up. When the compressor isn’t running, the pressures will equalize again.

As for why the compressor won’t run; could be a fuse, relay, pressure switch, wiring, compressor clutch, etc. Do you have a multi-meter? Either way I’d start by checking for a blown fuse.
This. Hi and low AC pressures are 90-100 psi on both when system is resting.

Check fuses/relays related to AC. Swap in a known good relay into AC spot. Or better yet, take the AC relay and put in the fuel pump spot. If Jeep won’t start, then you know it’s a bad relay.

One thing you can do to check clutch operation, is jumper the low side switch harness with a wire. If the compressor turns on and clutch spins, then could be a bad low pressure switch or some wiring. Can try same with the high pressure switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts