JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this as been asked before, but did anyone ever find the part # for the rear axle shaft ABS tone rings?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
52125003AB is the part number to the rear wheel speed sensor.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It's not the sensor we're looking for, but the ring that rides on the axle itself by the bearing/seal that the sensor "reads" for the information. As far as we've been able to find, we've been told it only come with a new stock axle shaft.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh ok...these might work; they're the bearing retaining rings - 83503077 - and the only "rings" on the axle itself.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ColinW thanks for your efforts on this though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I'm assuming it's that gear cut thing in the picture with what looks like a sensor mounted radially to the side of it...don't really know what to tell you...sorry! You could probably just call up a Jeep parts department and ask them to find it in their computer system if you haven't already.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm assuming it's that gear cut thing in the picture with what looks like a sensor mounted radially to the side of it...don't really know what to tell you...sorry!
Yup, that's it.

You could probably just call up a Jeep parts department and ask them to find it in their computer system if you haven't already.
Tried that, and they couldn't find it.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
maybe try to call Dana/Spicer

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i've done some checking and i can't find it as a single part either. it's probably another one of those parts that chrysler decided not to sell individually so that you would have to fork out the cash for an entire axle.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's probably another one of those parts that chrysler decided not to sell individually so that you would have to fork out the cash for an entire axle.
Yup, and I don't think there is any aftermarket ones available yet.

What about you people carrying spare axle shafts, are you carrying shafts without tone rings?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you replacing your rear axle shafts Phil?
Yup, I actually meant to do it months ago, but have not gotten around to it.

Silly question, but are the rings removable from the old shafts?
You can remove them easy enough, just pull the collar and bearings off, but I was hoping to leave the shafts intact with bearings and tone rings in place, so they would be ready to use spares.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My friend works for the dealer and I had him look it up, they are only available as part of the axle shaft assembly.

How about some of the companies that offer aftermarket axles??

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My friend works for the dealer and I had him look it up, they are only available as part of the axle shaft assembly.
Thanks

How about some of the companies that offer aftermarket axles??
As far as I am aware, none of them offer the tone rings, but I'm sure someone will sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yup, I actually meant to do it months ago, but have not gotten around to it.

You can remove them easy enough, just pull the collar and bearings off, but I was hoping to leave the shafts intact with bearings and tone rings in place, so they would be ready to use spares.
What about the machine shop option? If they are removable couldn't you have them duplicated? Possibly this would be cost prohibitive. I donno...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
What about the machine shop option? If they are removable couldn't you have them duplicated? Possibly this would be cost prohibitive. I donno...
Probably cost as much as a new axle. I was thinking it'd be real easy to get some chrome moly rear shafts, put on new bearings, seals and tone rings and do a quick R&R on the rears as I don't have a hydraulic press or alternative means of transport. That would have also provided me with instant spare axles. This'll probably end up being the job I have to pay someone else to do.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here you go... From both the 2007 and 2008 parts catalogs, for either Dana axle:

#3 RING, Axle Shaft, Part # 83503077, Qty 2

And your dealer could not find this or is it not the right part???

1 - 20 of 47 Posts