JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this a bad left sensor or right? I'm thinking left?

Thx

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah tried that, but there's no check engine light so it wont pull a code...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Stored codes can be read by star scan if you have access , but I would switch left for right and see if it pulls the other way .

It's an easy task . then purchase two sensors any way they are cheap enough and they are pretty fragile .
Otherwise as soon as you replace one the other fails anyway .
Typical FCA Junk !

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
My bosch scanner pinpointed it down to the exact sensor when I broke a wire. I didn't have a check engine light on either.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I just replaced my left front sensor. Prior to replacing, Bluedriver showed C1041, "left front tone wheel performance." Check your code before digging in; but if you need to replace the sensor... Changing the sensor is kind of a bitch - I had to take the brake rotor and unit bearing off to get the sensor out from around the brake dust shield. Clean everything and use lots of marine grade anti-seize on the bearing assy mating surfaces, and also the axle shaft splines so it will all come apart easier next time.

Brake caliper mounting bolts: 120 lb ft (21mm socket)
Unit bearing mounting bolts: 75 lb ft (13mm 12-point socket)
Axle shaft nut: 100 lb ft (should not reuse)

Chrysler makes a newer speed sensor that has longer wiring (about a foot, better for articulation): part # 68003281AC.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys, yeah I've had the whole front end stripped down before doing the gears and truss/sleves, if I remember correctly I just have to pull the brakes and get the rotor off to get to it, the fun part is the 40x15.5x20 that has to come off first, normally I'd just replace both and be done with it but my week is packed so if I have a shot of figuring out which one is is and fixing it I'll replace the other one in the next few weeks.

Just heard from my buddy has a DRB scanner, going there tomorrow

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my buddy hasn't been able to get here with his scanner, can I just disable the ABS temporarily? I've heard about the J6 and J7 fuses, but of course not clear?

it's a 2007 JKU.

If I could just pull a fuse so I can drive it for a couple days that would be great, one person said pulling the fuse will disable the fuel pump?

Thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts