JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at lunch today I went out to the jeep to escape the heat and soak up some A/C,when I went to start it in just cranked half a revolution and stopped.It has been doing this a for a month or so,but I would just cycle the key and it would fire up..not this time.I called a friend who is a jeep tech and he knew what it was right away and they had the part in stock (wireless control module).I got the jeep fired up by discharging the system and drove up to get it fixed.After he fixed the the wireless control module he said to me you have some re flashes to do and he would do them for me great I said.Meanwhile this all being done on the side I am a tech at a Subaru dealer and work with his girlfriend so he said he would hook me up.So after he got done doing all this now the ABS light is flashing and dinging every 2 seconds !!! WTF !!! He told me when I get home the g sensor needed to be calibrated and to drive it in a circle at 2-3 mph in both direction and the light would go out and noise would go away.Well did that and the light is still flashing and dinging at me.He said it is in ABS learning mode.Anyone have any input? i am ready to drive my jeep off a cliff after the half hour ride home with DING DING DING every 2 seconds.:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just heard from my dealer friend and he says I have to come up and he has to drive it with the laptop hooked up to fix it.Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Just heard from my dealer friend and he says I have to come up and he has to drive it with the laptop hooked up to fix it.Thanks for all the input.
Sorry just caught this thread. I would of suggested a scanner.... I've been thru every dash light available. I have replaced the Colck Spring with new part and the Air Bag.

I fixed my ABS issue with the clock spring and by centering my wheel. There is a great "how to" on this site......
:beer:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no no he was right the starting problem was fixed it was after he did all the factory re-flashes that this problem surfaced.right now the jeep is in an "ABS learning state" to calibrate the G-sensor,what he was wrong about was the procedure to calibrate it.He told me it would go out if I went to a big parking lot and drive in big circles at 3-15 mph and that will calibrate it and the light and chime will go out.What he is telling me now is that he has to do it with scan tool hooked up.Crossing my fingers...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Antitheft System - Engine No Crank/No Start Condition

NUMBER: 08-007-08 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: July 04,2008

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-007-08, DATED MARCH 04, 2008. THIS IS A COMPLETE REVISION AND NO ASTERISKS HAVE BEEN USED TO HIGHLIGHT REVISIONS.

DO NOT ORDER PART NUMBER 05026070AP UNTIL JULY 21, 2008. ALL OTHER PART NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE NOW.
SUBJECT:
No Engine Crank Or No Engine Start Due To Electronic Lockup Of The WCM / SKREEM

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves the replacement of the Wireless Control Module (WCM), and if equipped, the replacement of the Electric Steering Column Lock (ELV). The WCM is also referred to as the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2007 - 2008 (JK) Wrangler

NOTE :This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 05, 2008 (MDH 0505XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer will experience a no engine crank AND a no engine start condition. Also, the remote keyless entry (RKE) system will not operate. This condition may be due to an electrostatic discharge (ESD) from the ignition key into the Wireless Control Module (WCM), causing the WCM to electronically lockup. This condition may occur more frequently in dry and/or cold weather conditions where a sufficient electrostatic charge is more easily produced. This condition is corrected by the replacement of the WCM.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
no no he was right the starting problem was fixed it was after he did all the factory re-flashes that this problem surfaced.right now the jeep is in an "ABS learning state" to calibrate the G-sensor,what he was wrong about was the procedure to calibrate it.He told me it would go out if I went to a big parking lot and drive in big circles at 3-15 mph and that will calibrate it and the light and chime will go out.What he is telling me now is that he has to do it with scan tool hooked up.Crossing my fingers...
^^^^^^^^^^^

I bummed a buddies Snap-On scanner and it was really handy for those pesky lights !!! I am still getting a Airbag Light but I have a seat position sensor issue. I Think !!

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
That sounds a lot like the in dash compass reset procedure.

Since you guys are buds, hopefully he aint billin ya for all this.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea sounds very much like a compass learn I do them everyday at work but this is totally different. I paid him $40.00 to replace the WCM and he got the part at cost wich was $50.00.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All fixed !! Thank god !! 2 minutes with the scan tool and one circle round the parking lot and bingo light went and the chime stopped going off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dc

my 2011 JK is doing the same thing constant ABS flashing and a ding every third flash. What type of scan tool did you use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts