JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
D60 Retrofit Tone Rings from Dynatrac. Part Number DA60-2C189-B

For 14B hubs, a little lathe work on the back of the hubs to fit the rings. On a D60/70, simply press them on.

A little grinding on the brake caliper bracket, and a little trim to the plastic webbing on the OEM JK Rear sensor, and a small hole drilled for mounting the sensor.

Fitting the sensor.

Hub back on.

Caliper back on.

DONE!

If you only do one rear, your speedo and odo WILL WORK ACCURATELY, AND your CEL will turn off. BUT your ABS/ESP will still light up on the dash.
If you do BOTH rears, your "BRAKE" light will also turn off on the dash.

Obviously, if you do all 4, everything will operate as OEM.
:beer::beer:

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should clarify that 32" tires with 5.38 gears, and these tone rings will make your speedometer EXACT according to my GPS testing.
Larger tire size can be calibrated with any programmer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Woohoo....good to see it worked for you too.....it's so depressingly easy that I wonder why we made such a big deal out of it!

They do make a 52 tooth ring in that size too...but they are reluctant to send it out without some persuasion.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Everybody should buy you a beer. :beer: Do you have part numbers and prices? And how much did you machine off of the hub?
I'm about to install the 5.38's in the 14B so I might as well break this pig apart and machine the hubs.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Everybody should buy you a beer. :beer: Do you have part numbers and prices? And how much did you machine off of the hub?
I'm about to install the 5.38's in the 14B so I might as well break this pig apart and machine the hubs.
Buy me a beer and I'll tell you the rest...:thefinger:

Dynatrac part number DA60-2C189-B - approx $80
I had the hubs machined to 4.190. The ID of the ring is 4.194.
I spent $20 on machining, $80ish on tone rings, and the rest was free. :beer:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Any idea if this will work on a sterling 10.5 rear? Or what is the diameter on the 14B hub? Ill have to get a measurement on my hub this weekend. I just picked up a set out of a 03 F350 so this is some great info. Your build, among some others on here convinced me to go ahead with the one ton swap.
Thanks for all the great info:beer:

·
Registered
660 Posts
I can confirm this. :D
Awesome, I picked up a set hub to hub with brakes for $700, getting very excited about the swap.
Did you just wire in the front ford unit bearing tone rings into your stock wiring?

Can we get a one ton swap thread with links to all the different write ups and info, make it a little easier to find everything.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That is awesome. Why buy a $2k kit when it looks like you've made it pretty cheap and Barney style to get these to work.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is awesome. Why buy a $2k kit when it looks like you've made it pretty cheap and Barney style to get these to work.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Big thanks to Mraz. I was going a different direction until he demonstrated that the Dynatrac rings fit the 14B hubs with a little machining.
This was never rocket science. It just took a few people to actually try it to make sure that it works.:beer:

·
Registered
144 Posts
DA60-2C189-E - Tone Ring, ABS, JK, D60, Rev 2 Updated .25" Wider

$69.00 each from Dynatrac

I will verify that they are 52 tooth but they are sitting at home on my desk at the moment. I also bought the sensor mounting blocks that go on the spindles but not sure I will be using them. I will do a build thread once I get a little more into my version of the project.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So after talking with Dynatrac this is what I ended up with...

I am waiting on 2 new sensors to mock this up but I think the little sensor block can be mounted to the spindle by drilling and counter sinking the bolts and then lathe the wheel hub down and press the ring on the correct distance inwards to match up to the sensor. Just some more information that hopefully helps.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.