JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have christmas lights popping up on my dash. According to research and my Superchip reading diagnostic codes my ABS control module is apparently bad.

I am checking to see if anyone else has had a similar issue and has words of wisdom?

Where might this module be?
Is there anything to check for other than power and grounds at the module?
What is the part number if I find I need to replace?
Any online dealer have a good price on on?

:gluging:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have christmas lights popping up on my dash. According to research and my Superchip reading diagnostic codes my ABS control module is apparently bad.

I am checking to see if anyone else has had a similar issue and has words of wisdom?

Where might this module be?
Is there anything to check for other than power and grounds at the module?
What is the part number if I find I need to replace?
Any online dealer have a good price on on?

:gluging:
What are the codes? Are you able to communicate with the brake control module (bcm)? Im pretty sure if you replace the bcm it'll need to be flashed with software. I see them go bad all the time on other vehicles but there's only a couple of manufacturers that make them for all vehicles. More information would help.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code is c2200. Antilock brake module internal

The jeep still drives. Just after going about 50' the Brake light, ABS/esp light, ABS light, and traction control light turn on.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The anti-lock brake module is combined with the hydraulic control unit.
It's the part with all the brake lines coming out of it, just ahead of the master cylinder.

C2200–ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE INTERNAL

When Monitored:
Ignition on. The Anti-Lock Brake Module monitors its internal microprocessors for correct operation.

Set Condition:
If the Anti-lock brake module detects an internal fault, the DTC is set.

Possible Causes:

ABM - INTERNAL FAULT

Diagnostic Test

C2200 ABM INTERNAL FAILURE DTC PRESENT

Turn the ignition on.
With the scan tool, read DTCs.
With the scan tool, erase DTCs.
Turn the ignition off.
Turn the ignition on.

Does the scan tool display C2200 ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE INTERNAL FAILURE?

If yes...

Replace the Anti-Lock Brake Module.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is an 08 pushing 70000 miles no warranty help on this one.

I figured that was the unit I was looking for but somewhere in my research I saw a post saying it was under the console. WTF right?? But hey who knows.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The anti-lock brake module is combined with the hydraulic control unit.
It's the part with all the brake lines coming out of it, just ahead of the master cylinder.

C2200–ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE INTERNAL

When Monitored:
Ignition on. The Anti-Lock Brake Module monitors its internal microprocessors for correct operation.

Set Condition:
If the Anti-lock brake module detects an internal fault, the DTC is set.

Possible Causes:

ABM - INTERNAL FAULT

Diagnostic Test

C2200 ABM INTERNAL FAILURE DTC PRESENT

Turn the ignition on.
With the scan tool, erase DTCs.
Turn the ignition off.
Turn the ignition on.

Does the scan tool display C2200 ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE INTERNAL FAILURE?

If yes...

Replace the Anti-Lock Brake Module.
So you are saying that if the code doesn't pop back up immediately after clearing the module might be fine?

The lights indicating the issue don't come on until I drive a ways.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
So you are saying that if the code doesn't pop back up immediately after clearing the module might be fine?

The lights indicating the issue don't come on until I drive a ways.
According to the service manual, if the code doesn't pop up when you turn the key to the run position, there may be an intermittent cause for the code.

Here is a generic list of things to check for intermittent codes.
Pick out the items that can apply to the ABS module. Some require the dealer scan tool.

Perform any Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) that may apply.
Review the scan tool Environmental Data. If possible, try to duplicate the conditions under which the DTC set.
Turn the ignition off.
Visually inspect the related wire harness. Disconnect all the related harness connectors. Look for any chafed, pierced, pinched, partially broken wires and broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Wiggle the wires while checking for shorts and open circuits.
Perform a voltage drop test on the related circuits between the suspected inoperative component and the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module.
Inspect and clean all PCM, ABS, engine, and chassis grounds that are related to the most current DTC.
If numerous trouble codes were set, use a wire schematic and look for any common ground or supply circuits.
For any Relay DTCs, actuate the Relay with the scan tool and wiggle the related wire harness to try to interrupt the actuation.
Use the scan tool to perform a System Test if one applies to failing component.
A co-pilot, data recorder, or lab scope should be used to help diagnose intermittent conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any solutions to what this was? My Jeep is now doing the same thing after having the clockspring replaced as a recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts