JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the Aberle bumper up front? Can you post pics? I'm getting a stubby in the near future and have narrowed it down the the RR Modular XHD and the Aberle. I really like the look of both and like the fact I can retain the factory fogs. Can the aluminum used on the Aberle take the same punishment as the steel ones, I know its lighter so there is a plus there but only if its lighter and can take the same abuse. What is the cost on one of these? The RR XHD is just under $400.

Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
203 Posts
Okay, I'll go first. Running it for about 5 months, and am extremely pleased. On the other hand, Florida is not the same environment as Arizona. I've bang it up on a few rocks and culverts, and it's taken the abuse with no complaints. A little touch up paint and away we go.

No issue with rust is a plus. But it's not inexpensive. I like the hoop. Added PIAA's. They work well, but I may add more light later.

The pattern on the fog's ends up a bit different. More disbursed, but still very effective.

Search Aberle if you haven't already. Most are pretty impressed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll post up some more recent pics soon with all the stuff I've strapped, attached and hung off both bumpers..

After more then 6 months of heavy Search & Rescue work, pulling out rigs, pulling trees, and much more they have performed great.

The best part is the weight savings. I was able to get my wife to hold them in place while I bolted them on... They are light, strong and durable.

Great product, highly recommended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts