JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I see many of people from time to time worry about buyng a JK and I wanted to start a thread on why it's such a nice vehicle so I'll start.

To begin I bought a 4 door Unlimited X. Had the 4.10 upgrade from the factory and Sahara rims and tires with sidesteps. I bought the vehicle because even with special ordering a manual in the color I wanted it is truely the only outdoorsman vehicle around that is convertable. Sure I could get a car but I wanted something capable of going through a wooded trail and also to the beach with the family. For a little under 28K I couldn't of got a convertable anything worth a dollar.

I looked around and I had several trucks prior to owning this jeep. 2 Tacoma's, 4 runner and a Tundra 4 door to name a few. I just always wanted the capability that the jeep provided and the luxury of being able to take the top off.

So I bought it.

Well for 28K it is worth at least this amount of money. You also have unlimited options to make it yours with style changes and performance changes. It's like the Redneck version of a rice burner drift car only we drift through the woods. That's why I have about 7k in modification into it. Sure I see another vehicle and say I wish this Jeep had that but overall it is just right for the price point that I bought into. I didn't end up with a Automatic with the shudder issue so I'm not in anyway unhappy for the jeep. Heck I just spent about 1800 in suspension modifications to make the vehicle even more mine. This will be the first vehicle I haven't traded within 3 years since I started owning vehicles 25 years ago.

Now why do you like your Jeep? No need to post if you have a gripe just why you still have your jeep.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't like my JK at all... Nope, not one little bit...

I LOVE IT!!! :bounce: :D

The JK Unlimited is the vehicle I always wanted Jeep to build. Four doors is ultimately practical and essential with a family. I got a Rubicon because I knew I was going to wheel it from the get-go and with a budget the didn't allow for an Atlas and a pair of D60's the Rubi is a great place to start. It is capable, fun, tough, sexy, etc, etc, etc, insert superlative adjective here!

I have only one regret with my JK and that's the color. I would have preferred a different color than black, but that's all they had and timing was an issue, so black is what I've got! :laughing:

· Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you mention color, I special ordered the rescue green and now that the burnt orange is available I have a new favorite color. If I get another one it will be a rubi in this color that is also Manual.

· Registered
684 Posts
I bought a jeep cause I always dreamed of having one.. I almost bought a TJ while in school and took it for a drive, they even gave it to me for the day. I just couldn't buy it because of the harsh drive and the fact it had NO room. The first time I saw a 4 door I fell in love all over again. At the time I had a 4 door luxury lexus and hated myself everytime I pulled it out of the garage. I walked on to the lot spontaneously and had to test drive the new 4door. I said.. FINALLY jeep did something right... It was luxurious and MANLY at the same time. I had NO off road experience and didn't intend to do any hardcore wheeling. I thought it was for rednecks and guys with a lil penis. (I know love the jeep community)... It took me a few months of peer pressure to take it off road. Upon my first hill climb in 4wd, I knew I had something I have never had before... Power and total freedom. No roof, no rules and no boundry. I soon lifted it, learned how to do it myself and put on some big tires...

Now I REALLY love my jeep.. Ask my girlfriend who says I am obsessed!! I am here writing about my love!!! LOL.... Recently moving to Colorado has opened a new potential to wheeling.. Exploring the beautiful place you live in and reaching places only a jeep can go it truly an amazing experience...

So yeah it's cool.. BUY ONE!!

· Registered
1,824 Posts
This is my first Wrangler, All the other Jeeps I've had were Cherokees... 2 Grand and 1 Sport. Loved them all, were always fun to drive, never had to worry about where I was going, could always get there. Having the Unlimited Wrangler now because it's a 4 door... more practical with the family, love the fact that it is a convertible, have both the 3 pce freedom top and soft top. I will buy another one when it's time. No problems with any of the Jeeps I've had...:beer:

· Registered
13 Posts
same here with me as the others. I have always driven SUV'S, smaller pick-ups, and seeing that my lease was up on my 2005 Sport Trac I was ready for a change. 4x4 is important for me as I am on the road with work all the time, and this time I wanted to look at something I could also enjoy. I looked into Jeep, and fell in love with the 4dr Wrangler Sahara's. These should be fine in snow, will carry my family of 4 (and 1 more perhaps...) and should be a blast in the Summer to go down to the beach or up North to the Georgian Bay area...

Got the Jeep Green as well, which to me is Jeep at it's best.

· Registered
9 Posts
My 4dr JK is my 4th Wrangler I have owned, and it is funny when I see a YJ or TJ I think how the hell did I ever drive something that was so small and had no room! It it so nice to have all that room for when it is needed. Plus the ride is better then my TJ was, a lot better.

· Registered
841 Posts
Here is my story....
OK, drove POS cars for over 20 years...always bought the wife the new car.
Time to buy a new car/ suv... My OLD bmw (a long story) finally blew the timing chain and the wifes SUV (now 8 years old) was on the last days of the transmission... off to the dealerships.... add on window stickers... blah... then a hometown dealer 2 miles from the house.. We stop in... just looking -- salesman used to work for me as a cashier..lol...
I say.. I always liked those little jeeps.. lets take a look at one... stick or auto? me..don't really care but tired of 20 years of sticks... We have one, let me get the keys.. I took it for a drive and figured..yep.. fits me perfect. (had sat in a 4 door at rip off dealer and didn't like it.--for me) Walked past a Durango Adventurer on the way to the jeep... with 10k off the sticker. I say..so tell me about this one after I test drive the Jeep...
FAST FORWARD,,,, salesman...so what do you think. me.. OK, I will take both.
Paid cash for the durango and got 3mo NO INTEREST on the Jeep. So 16k in mods latter... IT is fun! I like the wide stance, the go anywhere, do anything attitude, the overwhelming number of personalization options... and the awesome JEEP'in community!
--Probably trade the Durango next year. lol

· Registered
1,900 Posts
I like the longer wheelbase, the link suspension, and A/C. It's a comfortable upgrade from my old horse.

· Registered
43 Posts
We were planning for a big road-trip this past summer spanning 28 days, 23 states, 12 national parks, and 11,000 miles making sure to make full use of forest roads, and backcountry trails whenevr and where ever possible. Honestly, our choices were narrowed down to a FJ Cruiser (Trail Teams edition) or a Rubicon both with six-speeds. Well, after weighing it out, we got the jeep, took the trip and have loved every minute of it. It's still stock and we've got the lifetime warrenty, so no worries are in sight. There, that was kinda long, but about how it happened.

· Registered
291 Posts
It's real simple. It's a jeep thing. If you ever get a chance to get one, go for it.

Go places most will never see.

Open air driving with the top & doors off.

The jeepin community is fantastic.

Don't wait, do it as soon as you can and you will be glad you did.

I love my JK :bounce:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.