JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing the cooltech antenna mount for my 4dr. however I am not sure that 18' of coax is going to reach where I plan on mounting my cb. I just purchased the Rock Hard 4x4 cage and plan on putting my cb on the center plate. does anyone have experience with how much cable is needed and also i see that cooltech has the fire ring already attached, if i have to buy a larger chunk of coax am I out of luck? Why is the fire ring so much better, anyone know? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
18 feet should be plenty. There are lots of routes your can take in you jeep from point "a" to point "b". Some will say that 18 ft. is the correct length for CB installations, This has widely been held to be myth. The accepted rule is the shorter the better. One caveat, if you tune your antenna and then change the coax length it will change your SWR.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I ran my CB from my license plate holder to behind the glove box and 18ft. reached just fine. Do a dry run with rope, run rope from the antenna to the CB mount, remove rope and measure it. Then you know exactly your distance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts