JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend and I went out to Johnson Valley this afternoon to gps a possible course for a District 37 Hare and Hound race. We had only planned to be riding only 80 miles which would take about 2 hours and diddnt plan on it raining . We were about 60 miles into the ride and it started to rain and we were just in regular riding gear and didnt have any jackets. Then my friends fuel injection system blew a fuse and we didnt have a back up and it was almost 5 o'clock and getting dark fast.. We pulled out the maps and the gps to see how far we were from the truck....We were 43.8 miles and it was stuff you couldnt ride double threw so i pulled out my Sat phone and called my dad and gave him our coordinates and it would take him over 4 hours to get to us.:suicide:

So about an hour went by and i started to hear two motors so we stood up and started to look where they were coming from and then from around the bend came a black JKU with a JK Owners sticker with 37s and a grey CJ with 40s. They pulled over to see what was wrong. Dan the owner of the JKU asked us what was going on.

After telling him he threw us immediately into his JK for 5 minutes with his heater on full blast. He immediately says were gonna find a way to put my friends bike in the back of his Jeep and get us back to the truck. We pulled the forks off and shoved my friends dirty bike in the back of his JKU and my muddy friend in the front seat. He gave me his extra clean dry shirt and a jacket to wear and he followed me back to my truck.

I would like to thank Dan and his buddy Mark for saving us a few hours of freezing our ass off.

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
That's what you call a good Samaritan! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
good karma will rain down on you and yours Dan, whoever you are

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.