JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just seems a little silly to me. Anyone else?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Room full of people that care

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Hey if they want to foot the bill to keep the lights on, more power to them.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Nothing wrong with Toyotas. 4Runners are fine on road people movers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL! Thanks Goody. That was a much needed laugh.

I just though it was funny when I saw the sponsorship. I have nothing against Toyota's.;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
So fucking LAME... VS is totally clueless. Wonder how long its gonna take for them to piss off all the paying vendors so we are forced to bounce outta here.
that was my first thought when i saw it. what a poke in the eye to the vendors here

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Nothing wrong with Toyotas. 4Runners are fine on road people movers.
Toyota's are fine. Toyota wheelers are Jeep haters. They see Jeep owners as snobs. Freakin hilarious. You have to be hard on your shit to get respect from the drunken wheelers. Tin Benders are a fun group though.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Hmmm...

Guess I can't hate on Toyota owners cause I have a number of friends who own them and shit, just early last year a few of us JK snobs went over to Las Cruces and met up with a Toyota group and they gave us a tour of the area and took us out for a few days of wheeling and camping. We had a fucking blast and the guys were super cool. Hell, I'd hang with those guys over some of the douchebags we've had around here...lol.

Hardest trail we did was Tabasco Twister. That was lots of fun and I'm looking forward to getting out there for the Chili Challenge.

Anyway, they must just be a very different crew cause like I said, hanging with them was as comfortable as hanging with our best JK guys for whatever that's worth to ya. Can't always judge a book by the cover as they say. We certainly threw a healthy amount of shit back and forth at each other but it was all in good fun and wasn't a moment where I felt that they rolled their eyes at us or made us feel like we were pussies, well except for one obstacle where one of they guys rode up in the JK and was laughing his ass off because we had a/c. Said he had never been in a rig with it before and he loved it. He was hanging on the vent like a baby on a nipple. We all got a good laugh outta that one.

Oh yeah, one of our JK's had a problem with a rear locker not engaging and we took the rig back to their shop where they tore it down, diagnosed the problem, installed an extra shim behind the plate and put it all back together. Everyone lost more or less a day of wheeling but you'd never know it bothered them. We had as much fun in the shop as we did on the trail.

The black Yota was fucking sweet. Bobbed, propane, 39.5's, lifetime birffs, just really a nice rig. Clearance out the ass...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts