JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a great ride and I want to thank all of you that jumped on board with me, believed me when I said you should come all the way to Florida for a Jeep show, sent money, sent raffle items and supported this event to make it bigger and better.

Jeep Beach 2011 was a huge success because of you! We wouldnt have Jeep Beach if no one believed in it.

Just a review...

I attended my first Jeep Beach in 2008 and after seeing 83 Jeeps and only $1500 in raffle prizes I asked the JB Director if I could take over the vendors. He agreed.

Then thanks to Grant (thank you) I met and made friends with Robin Braig, President of Daytona International Speedway. I called Robin and asked if we could have a Jeep event in his speedway. He laughed but said if I thought we could make it work he would go for it.

The rest is history

2009 - 350 Jeeps, 30K in raffles
2010 - 737 Jeeps, 50 K in raffles
2011 - the official numbers arent in but Ive been told they stopped counting after 950 and there were several more hundred to come in. The beach parade unofficial well over 500 just thru the main gate. over 60K in raffles and donations.

As most of you know I have resigned and moved on. Difference of opinions, my new business and new location. But I want to give props to Milli Rice for holding it together and most the members of the MFJC for taking it on, moving it forward and to future success - cheers. But most of all THANK YOU JKO for believing we could do it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
GLAD I COULD SUPPORT
THIS YEAR WAS A BLAST EVEN BETTER THAN LAST !!!!!!
I FOUNF ABOUT IT LAST YEAR 2 DAYS BEFOR AT 4WHEELPART AND HAD TO GO
THIS YEAR WAS MORE PLANED OUT FOR ME AS WELL AS THE MID FLA CLUB ..
JUST WANT TO SAY A FEW WORDS
SEE YALL NEXT YEAR
ONE HELL OF A JOB

·
Registered
394 Posts
And a thank you to you Jeff.... for all your hard work getting all these great sponsors/vendors together. I wish your successor the best and look forward to next year.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes Jeff you did Good and to all the mid Fl guys Thank you you did an excellent job corralling us in
I have no knowledge of Either the Jeeps on the beach firday night or the Chicken wing fight or how the beer can stack by the fire pit got there to my knowledge hick up still hung over

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
we had a great time, again. thanks for all the hard work. i heard about chicken wings all over the lobby but one look at me and they knew i wouldn't waste a good wing to fling. now the jeeps on the beach Friday night i don't remember either.:beer: one funny thing about JB is that my jeep looks big in my driveway but at JB it was small:thefinger:

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Its been a great ride and I want to thank all of you that jumped on board with me, believed me when I said you should come all the way to Florida for a Jeep show, sent money, sent raffle items and supported this event to make it bigger and better.

Jeep Beach 2011 was a huge success because of you! We wouldnt have Jeep Beach if no one believed in it.

Just a review...

I attended my first Jeep Beach in 2008 and after seeing 83 Jeeps and only $1500 in raffle prizes I asked the JB Director if I could take over the vendors. He agreed.

Then thanks to Grant (thank you) I met and made friends with Robin Braig, President of Daytona International Speedway. I called Robin and asked if we could have a Jeep event in his speedway. He laughed but said if I thought we could make it work he would go for it.

The rest is history

2009 - 350 Jeeps, 30K in raffles
2010 - 737 Jeeps, 50 K in raffles
2011 - the official numbers arent in but Ive been told they stopped counting after 950 and there were several more hundred to come in. The beach parade unofficial well over 500 just thru the main gate. over 60K in raffles and donations.

As most of you know I have resigned and moved on. Difference of opinions, my new business and new location. But I want to give props to Milli Rice for holding it together and most the members of the MFJC for taking it on, moving it forward and to future success - cheers. But most of all THANK YOU JKO for believing we could do it!
Thanks for the shout out Jeff! :beer: JeepBeach sure has come a long way, thats for sure! Who would of thought a simple lunch with Robin would of lead to this?

The amount of hours that you worked on this in the past few years is unbelievable. I think you have this all wrong. We all need to thank you for your efforts and time put into this!

So, with that being said - Jeff, Thanks again for another successful Jeep event!

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
I was there with you in 2008 Jeff. I saw what you saw and watched you do it buddy. Neat to see something change so significantly.

Good work.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Thanks Again Jeff & MFJC

Thanks Again Jeff & MFJC for a great event and Larry and Cheri McRae for the opportunity to post these pics and the full install write up to follow.....Reserve me a spot now Gold Knight in the index section....:laughing:

View attachment 35038

Attachments

·
Registered
3,691 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Well depending on when I'm moving....we'll have an install party and you can supervise and take pics.....:laughing:

Besides I want to check out the new JKU Cage so be sure to drive the new ride....:thefinger::laughing:
HAHA, Sorry, the NEW RIDE is staying in CALI until probably NOV. I leave in two weeks for Big Bear to wheel her but I still have Rubicon, Colorado and some other events out there so she's going to stay until after SEMA.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
HAHA, Sorry, the NEW RIDE is staying in CALI until probably NOV. I leave in two weeks for Big Bear to wheel her but I still have Rubicon, Colorado and some other events out there so she's going to stay until after SEMA.
Suckage! I wanted to see it in person!

:thefinger:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts