JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my girlfriend out to the range today. It was her first time shooting, and after some basic firearm safety education she was ready to go. We only spent about 300 rounds as I didn't want her to get too overwhelmed or burnt-out. She did say that the .44 scared her a little bit and it seemed that the Glock Gen III grip gave her some discomfort but generally speaking, she had a blast and is definitely ready to go back soon.

Attachments

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW- Not too bad for her first time...

:beer:

Attachments

· Registered
402 Posts
How could you let her shoot the Glock with her supporting thumb behind the slide? You are just asking for a bad time if that slide catches it!

Bad dog, no cookie!

But not, not bad at all (the shooting was pretty good too!) ;)

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How could you let her shoot the Glock with her supporting thumb behind the slide? You are just asking for a bad time if that slide catches it!

Bad dog, no cookie!

But not, not bad at all (the shooting was pretty good too!) ;)
I advised her of that as soon as I saw it. She was nervous and kept repositioning her hands. It's all good... I'm still teaching and she's still learning.

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Go somewhere where she can try different guns that she might like. Like a rugger. It has alot of safety features that ladies tend to like plus it is comfortable for smaller hands.

Props to her for trying it.

· Registered
145 Posts
After shooting did she comment about her hands smelling like burned powder? One of my favorite smells.. My wife grew up shooting and she still wants to wash her hands after going out and letting a few rounds go. Revolvers are worse just because of the cylinder.

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Better watch out! BOOM Headshot!
She definitely had no problem for her first time. Hell... I have no doubt that she could become more proficient than me if I'm not careful lol.

Go somewhere where she can try different guns that she might like. Like a rugger. It has alot of safety features that ladies tend to like plus it is comfortable for smaller hands.

Props to her for trying it.
I'm going to rent her a .380, a 9mm, and a .38 next time we're out there. I sold my .380 recently but I want her to try out some smaller calibers. I'm really proud of her though for being so open to something so new to her and relatively intimidating for many women.

Women are usually pretty good shooters... :)
I have found that to be true as well. Had an ex that could shoot a hair of your nutsack... although she would have been just as happy taking out the whole bag of marbles.

You must feel really good with this one, teaching her to shoot and all.

Another one that will support the 2nd ammendment, good job.
Thanks Gunny. I absolutely feel great about her willingness and ability to experience new things. She is not going to end up like her piece of shit mother... that's for sure.

With all the guns I got around the house, I taught my now fiancee early how to shoot, clean and clear every weapon I own from the AR's to the sawed off 870 and all pistols.

Luckily she is an outdoors kinda girl with the Jeep, shooting and fishing.
Cool vid/ awesome bass too! Yep... I don't know that my g/f will field stripping my Glock anytime soon but she's got a willingness to learn and to be involved in the things that I enjoy doing, so that's a real start. Just don't try to get her to sit in a car too long... She's a true Jeep girl for sure lol.

· Registered
847 Posts
You better teach her how to strip and clean that Glock! I had to learn how to do that BEFORE I was allowed to even chamber a round on my first gun! Now, I'm a little anal about it, though... It took me (literally) two days to clean my 338 after the first ten rounds, and another day and a half to clean it after the second ten...

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After shooting did she comment about her hands smelling like burned powder? One of my favorite smells.. My wife grew up shooting and she still wants to wash her hands after going out and letting a few rounds go. Revolvers are worse just because of the cylinder.
She commented on the fact that they were black lol. The Glock actually caused her right palm ( close to her thumb) to become slightly chafed. The powder reside was more visible on her hand after shooting the 44.

You better teach her how to strip and clean that Glock! I had to learn how to do that BEFORE I was allowed to even chamber a round on my first gun! Now, I'm a little anal about it, though... It took me (literally) two days to clean my 338 after the first ten rounds, and another day and a half to clean it after the second ten...
I will show her how to strip down the Glock at some point, but she is already taking in a lot of new things in this relationship. I'm going slowly with most of these new experiences because I don't want her to become too overloaded and subsequently disinterested.

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
That's very cool Stu! And dang, that's one cute lady!

I took my libtard daughter shooting a few weeks ago. She loved it. She's starting to understand the 2nd amendment. There may be hope after all:th_pray:

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Women are better shooters because of their inherently lower heart rate. Also happens to be the reason they typically outlive us men as well...
Well... damn, Debby.

haha

I do believe that though. Regardless... I have t-shirts and hemorrhoids older than she is so I'm not holding out much hope that I will outlive her. :eek:gre:

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's very cool Stu! And dang, that's one cute lady!

I took my libtard daughter shooting a few weeks ago. She loved it. She's starting to understand the 2nd amendment. There may be hope after all:th_pray:
Thanks Kev. You might get the chance to meet her on the 6th if you're here. Not sure of our plans yet but we are going to try to be at the fireworks.

She is absolutely a smart girl and not in the least a liberal ( unlike her mom... ugh). No one that is willing to listen and to learn, is a lost cause. I'm sure that there's still hope for your daughter. Takes a long time for some youngsters to find that direction and to see the light, but all we can do is try our best to communicate and support them.

:beer:

Oh... and she likes knitting too lmao. Here's a pic of a blanket that she's working on...

Attachments

· Comfortably Numb
12,287 Posts
Women are better shooters because of their inherently lower heart rate. Also happens to be the reason they typically outlive us men as well...
Annnnnnd, in my many years as a welding inspector, women also exceed at welding because of a steady hand. Really shows up with TIG and MIG. And Stub, what beautiful young lady. Can't tell you how much your blossoming relationship reminds me of me and the wife. Married 31 years now. The resemblance is uncanny.:gluging:

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And Stub, what beautiful young lady. Can't tell you how much your blossoming relationship reminds me of me and the wife. Married 31 years now. The resemblance is uncanny.:gluging:
You're too kind. Thank you. I think she's quite captivating as well. I really never thought that I would be at this point again in my life. I had pretty much given up on the thought of ever being involved again in a serious relationship ( after what happened last time) but we really are seemingly very good for each other. She's absolutely as devoted as any woman could be and I am slowly letting my guard down and allowing her to have my heart.

Depending on how things go in this next year, it's quite possible that I may take this relationship all the way. We will have to see.

· Registered
340 Posts
Women are usually pretty good shooters... :)
I have found this to be true. As an RO at my gun club I have found that women (new shooters) tend to listen to direction better, they don't have all that macho bravado that us guys can get caught up in.

My wife, a tree hugging yuppie when I met her, didn't like guns at all even though she grew up around them. Now she's a gun toting Harley riding gal. When I finally got her to the range she picked up on it like she'd been shooting all of her life. Rifles, pistols, shotguns, she shoots them all now, and pretty damn good too.

Funny though, it seems most women like to lean back when they shoot, you can see it in the OPs photos.

To the OP enjoy, it's great having a gal who understands and enjoys the same things you do, more and more women everyday picking up shooting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.