JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just made a vid of the Jeep which my mate rolled twice. He is talking about his experience, it's pretty scary stuff and can happen completely unexpected.

We are not 100% sure what caused the wheel to come off yet, but investigating with an engineer.

Most of you know already, but please check your wheels, studs, lugs and hubs (hub centric) regularly and before every major trip. After this accident I brought my Jeep to a professional to double check everything, just to make sure everything is ok and for abit more piece of mind.

Jeep Wrangler JK Crash, rollover accident during offroading 4x4

·
Registered
1 Posts
While its not necessarily what caused the issue as your friend might do all the work on his jeep, anytime you work with a shop who puts on your wheels, watch how they put the lug nuts back on. Instead of hand screwing on the lug nuts, a lot of times the they just put them on with the air driver, which can lead to the lug nuts stripping the threads on the studs. I have known several people including my own family members who have had a tire company destroy the wheel studs by not properly putting the lug nuts back on, in the worst case, of the 5 lug nuts on my fathers car, 4 had stripped studs, while he wasn't offloading, he was lucky he didn't lose one of his wheels while driving down the highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts