JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....to the men and women in green, blue, khaki, and camy's.for the one shot, one kill shootdown of a miscreant satellite...Steven and Ronnie...fantasy just became reality:)

·
Registered
900 Posts
....to the men and women in green, blue, khaki, and camy's.for the one shot, one kill shootdown of a miscreant satellite...Steven and Ronnie...fantasy just became reality:)
Too bad it was a Navy pilot and not Air Force but you've got to admire the technology and the skill of the driver. :D

·
Registered
868 Posts
Cough, Cough, it was actually a U.S. Navy Cruiser firing a SM-3 missile. So basically reach out and touch something.

Ron

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wasn't a pilot at all Ski

it was a Navy Cruiser that fired a missle at the satllite and scored a bulls eye...of course, the Air Force kept all the tracking data and helped feed it into that Navy ship...big win for airmen and seamen:)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Oops.........sorry. Last I heard (weeks ago) I thought the attempt was going to be made with a missile shot from a fighter. I'm not sure I like it any better since a boat shot the thing down. :D

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oops.........sorry. Last I heard (weeks ago) I thought the attempt was going to be made with a missile shot from a fighter. I'm not sure I like it any better since a boat shot the thing down. :D

Ok, OK, Ok, ha-rah for the Navy & Airmen,,,,,,,,you didn't mention the Marines that are on that Navy Ship that got to stand there & watch this great moment.....LOL:beer:
Semper Fi.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did...I did...

...the mentioned color of their uniforms should have covered all service folk...BUT...unless times have changed, the only Marines found on US Navy warships are found on carriers (MARDET), and amphib ships...non should be on a guided missle cruisers;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts