JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a set of axles with 70”wms and 8x6.5 bolt pattern.

I run a 4.5” lift with 40x13.5R17 tires and 3.5”BS currently with minor rubbing at full stuff and turn.

I was hoping that going to a 70” width axle would allow me to pull in my wheels some to get a better ackermen angle but wanted to check with the masses on a good recommended BS and some suggestions on wheels to buy.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed a set of Currie VXR 60’s with 70” width. We ran the ATX Chambet pro with 4” backspace.

I ordered a set of VXR60 front and 70 rear!

Do you have any pictures of your setup??

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run a 72" with 4.5" bs and 40x13.5 with no issues.

So 70” with 4” BS and 40x13.5” should be good then? You have 2 extra inches on me....man that sounds bad!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Other things can go into rubbing issues like lift height, bump stops, and shocks travel but 70 and 4 should be good to go. I actually needed the extra width for shock room when I am flexed out since my shocks mount at the bottom of the axle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Current setup, before 70” axles

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Xd60 is Set at 68.5 wms with 2.25” spacers and 4” of backspacing on 42’s. I have no issues whatsoever. I would have had them made that way from the start, but it would have cost a lot more and taken even longer from Dynatrac. Fwiw, it still turns sharper than friends on standard width PR60's with the same wheels.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,652 Posts
We talked on the phone this morning but I figured I'd throw it out here too. You'll be fine on 3.5 or 4" of back spacing. You'll about the same width as a UD60 with 3.5" back spacing if you go with the 4" back spaced chamber pros.

This is an old pic from before anything was finished, but you can get an idea. 1" overall width isn't going to make a huge difference if you go with the 3.5" back spaced Machetes.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We talked on the phone this morning but I figured I'd throw it out here too. You'll be fine on 3.5 or 4" of back spacing. You'll about the same width as a UD60 with 3.5" back spacing if you go with the 4" back spaced chamber pros.

This is an old pic from before anything was finished, but you can get an idea. 1" overall width isn't going to make a huge difference if you go with the 3.5" back spaced Machetes.

Thanks Marcus and i really appreciate your time on the phone. For anyone wondering i went with the machete wheels with the 3.5” BS.

Excellent customer service and not my first time ordering from him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts