JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang:

For me, the wiring part is the easy part. But believe it or not, my 7-pin harness doens't reach the battery!!

Sure, I looked on the forum & searched. Found several write-ups. All OK so far.

Yeah, I followed the comic-book instructions. As best as I can tell, I routed it correctly.

Sure, once it came up short I went back & pulled everything as taught as I could, while avoiding things like mufflers, exhaust pipes, etc.

But for the life of me I can't figure out why the battery ends (positive & negative) are both ~3" too short.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installed mine last summer and it was fine the first time out. You must have routed something the wrong (longer) way. Biggest PITA part I found was where it came up near the battery. Used a fish to pull the wires up. Are you bringing it up right beside the battery or elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed mine last summer and it was fine the first time out. You must have routed something the wrong (longer) way. Biggest PITA part I found was where it came up near the battery. Used a fish to pull the wires up. Are you bringing it up right beside the battery or elsewhere?
I fished it up right by the battery. Before that, it was over the transfer case, kinda along the e-brake cables, past the evap cannister, past the muffler along the passenger side frame rail, across the rear x-member to the plug, then to the driver's side tail lamp housing/plug. Is that right?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a different part Number for the 2 door or unlimited?
Doesn't look like it - there's a cartoon showing coiling up the wire to reduce length for the 2-door. I'm only "this much" too short!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Before that, it was over the transfer case, kinda along the e-brake cables, past the evap cannister, past the muffler along the passenger side frame rail, across the rear x-member to the plug, then to the driver's side tail lamp housing/plug. Is that right?
I don't remember going as far as the passenger side frame rail. If I remember correctly, from the rear plug, it comes about half way across behind the rear bumper then overtop of the muffler (on top of the heat shield), then as you pretty much said, past the evap cannister and pretty much follows the e-brake cables.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just did mine on Sunday.
Re-trace your steps.
The directions are a little different in the package versus the ones online.
I went from t/lamp across the bumper beam over to the rt side rail.
Frome there I followed the frame to just at the firewall slope (where it beginns to go up) then to the battery box.

BTW the 2 and 4dr are the same part#.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did mine on Sunday.
Re-trace your steps.
The directions are a little different in the package versus the ones online.
I went from t/lamp across the bumper beam over to the rt side rail.
Frome there I followed the frame to just at the firewall slope (where it beginns to go up) then to the battery box.

BTW the 2 and 4dr are the same part#.
Instructions online????

Yeah, I definitely followed a different path than the right side rail. (How'd you get it past the fuel tank??). I swear I followed the path in the kit. But online instructions???

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Instructions online????

Yeah, I definitely followed a different path than the right side rail. (How'd you get it past the fuel tank??). I swear I followed the path in the kit. But online instructions???
I can print them and fax them. PM me with a fax#.
I ran the wires along the top of the rail from the outside of it and they are pushed over the top of the rail toward the other harness that already runs along the rail.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM Sent.

So you stayed along the passenger side frame rail from the muffler to the engine compartment?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts