JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a GREAT time playing on one of the most beutiful trails in colorado (at least in my opinion) this last saturday. This trail goes up a level 7 out of 10 trail to a little over 12K feet in elevation to a small lake called "wheeler lake". The trail starts at a resivor with beautiful scenery

Here is a view from the resivor looking at the beginning of the trail on the right side.

Here is the same resevior from up the trail just a small bit.

Right above the resivor is an old mill used for mining gold and other minerals from the rocky mountains.

At the old mill is an amazing waterfall with spectacular views

The first fun obstical is called v-notch, and you can get some air on this one (espically for a 2dr!)

I missed photos of most of the trail as we were doing video, but here is the top at the lake..

Here is a waterfall at the wheeler lake, this was REALLY far off and my wife was playing with her new 300mm lens, we were both AMAZED at how good it turned out

On the way back down at the mill again..

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Krawlarado has some great views of this beautiful country. Looks like you found some of them on your trip. Thanks for posting these up for the rest of us.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here are a couple more pictures from the day:

This is the same waterfall as the one above where I used the 300mm lens ( the picture above is the top part of the waterfall)

Here are a few more from the trail:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krawlarado has some great views of this beautiful country. Looks like you found some of them on your trip. Thanks for posting these up for the rest of us.
You are very welcome, and I have to give complete credit to my wife for the photography...she is getting really good at composing pictures!!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very nice pics. Loved the video - very well built JK you have there brother:beer:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice pics. Loved the video - very well built JK you have there brother:beer:
Thank you very much!! I tried to keep the CG Low and the rig wide...My old TJ was very narrow, high, and tippy. It was on 4.5" short arm lift with 1.25 body lift, and 1" spacer up front with 35" tires and MAN was it scarry in off-camber stuff.

I would like to run some of the pitbull rocker radial 41.5" tires with no additional lift but i am afraid I would have zero up travel to keep the tires out of the fenders..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts