JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a 60" Hi-Lift inside their JK? If so where did you put it? Pics?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
There's probably more if you need them, but here's one thread. Also, if you give up on inside mount there's an exterior rear mount made by Rugged Ridge that I have. No complaints and it's lockable. Plenty of other companies that make the same. :gluging:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13016&highlight=60+inch+lift+inside+mount

or Google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=exterior+rear+mount+for+hi+lift+jack+on+jeep+jk&gbv=2&oq=exterior+rear+mount+for+hi+lift+jack+on+jeep+jk&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3...839.15719.0.16050.49.16.1.32.3.0.653.2364.2-3j1j0j2.6.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..40.9.2090.8Jafx3ivJaY

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, but I am not looking to mount it outside and I need my rear seat's and belts.

There's probably more if you need them, but here's one thread. Also, if you give up on inside mount there's an exterior rear mount made by Rugged Ridge that I have. No complaints and it's lockable. Plenty of other companies that make the same. :gluging:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13016&highlight=60+inch+lift+inside+mount

or Google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=exterior+rear+mount+for+hi+lift+jack+on+jeep+jk&gbv=2&oq=exterior+rear+mount+for+hi+lift+jack+on+jeep+jk&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3...839.15719.0.16050.49.16.1.32.3.0.653.2364.2-3j1j0j2.6.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..40.9.2090.8Jafx3ivJaY

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes, I have the 60" Hi-Lift. I used to mount it inside, across from rear roll bar to rear roll bar; basically right over the subwoofer on the right to the left side.

Now I mount it outside on the PSC rear bumper tire carrier.

Cheap DIY mounting kit....a couple of 3" U-bolts from the electrical dept at Home Depot, some metal straps that fit, and a couple of nuts/washers. Total Cost: $5.00. Just place your Hi-Lift behind the roll-bars, slide the U-Bolts through the holes, fasten with the metal straps and nuts/washers.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No, but when I get home later today, I'll set up the hi-lift in the old position and snap some photos and post them here for you.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

guy i got hi-lift from thew-in the 4XRac for free; i just used military spec [ 1300 lb breaking weight/ four on each XRAC] nylon zip ties and its so strong I can stand on the hi lift and jump up & down w/ top off... been on for three years ....it fit but i cut 4 inches off top of hi-lift just to not have to finesse it into hardtop as much.....but that is not required.....just convenience......that f*cker is too long to be useful at 60" so I gotta 56" one.....lol!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man that is exactly what I wanted to see. Do you have a soft top?
how does it fit with the soft top. :beer::marcy::beer::marcy:

guy i got hi-lift from thew-in the 4XRac for free; i just used military spec [ 1300 lb breaking weight/ four on each XRAC] nylon zip ties and its so strong I can stand on the hi lift and jump up & down w/ top off... been on for three years ....it fit but i cut 4 inches off top of hi-lift just to not have to finesse it into hardtop as much.....but that is not required.....just convenience......that f*cker is too long to be useful at 60" so I gotta 56" one.....lol!

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
I have the whole "Bestop Bikini/Duster/Windjammer " thing and it is fine; I would not be able to speak about the softtop hardware and if it would butt into the base; I can tell you that I take off the base sometimes on that X-Treme ( who names this sh1t?) Hi-Lift and it shortens it quite a bit....I would imagine you could make it work...
if not, get out the grinder cutting disk and hack off a few inches...i will attest to that darn hardened steel being the toughest darn thing I have ever sliced with my grinder!
heres an older shot of my piggy with the soft bikini [email protected] displaying the jack pretty well, and you can see how base removal would free up an inch or two...I never touch it unless I need to use it.....the guy that had the ubolt mounting idea would work just as well, I imagine.....you'd have to re-attach the ubolts every time you used it tho...this solution just stays there ...the 4xrac is only like 40 bucks, I think....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts