JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how in the heck are y’all getting the engine in. I literally can’t squeeze this thing in for the life of me... I’ve got the intake off , headers off. I feel like it is hitting everywhere on the back side, heads etc ... shoot me a text if you have any thing that could help . I’ve been talking to Doss who did the swap locally but I’m still scratching my head ...

386-299-8844

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Just a strap and or chains ... is a lever key ?

I think ive seen people do without one, but it made all the difference with my hemi swap. Recommend a leveler with a finely threaded rod. I used the OTC leveler after trying the Harbor Freight pos; OTC was like butter - near effortless level adjustment. You'll want to put some grease on the threads. I also used a Harbor Freight 500# chain hoist (that's the thing with the yellow hooks and handle in second image). It allowed me to get the engine "perfectly" level for installing the engine mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think ive seen people do without one, but it made all the difference with my hemi swap. Recommend a leveler with a finely threaded rod. I used the OTC leveler after trying the Harbor Freight pos; OTC was like butter - near effortless level adjustment. You'll want to put some grease on the threads. I also used a Harbor Freight 500# chain hoist (that's the thing with the yellow hooks and handle in second image). It allowed me to get the engine "perfectly" level for installing the engine mounts.

Awesome , finally got it to work . Had to lift the body up about 6” ... think it’s gonna work ... super tight though . Thanks for the tip on the lift lever

·
Registered
94 Posts
Trust me it will fit with everything on it. You just need to get the front up high and the angle right.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trust me it will fit with everything on it. You just need to get the front up high and the angle right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8zBKd-R-0o&t=

I believe you , but what a pain ! Did you use a leveler ? That’s the only thing I think I could of done to make it work ... I was at some pretty extreme angles and no luck ... once the body is lifted up a few inches it was a breeze . I took it in an out a few times no issues ... either way it’s all done now !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts