JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a Mopar JK rubi 44 front for my TJ and I heard about a kit for it to make the bolt pattern 5 on 5.5 to match the Mopar 60 rear and it has bigger brakes too. Anyone know part number or price on this kit? It will be a MPP for sure i just dont know when or how much. Or anyone know a different kit to convert to 5 on 5.5 that is affordable? Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the solid spyntec conversion is nice but being I only paid 1350 for the whole axle assembly i would just feel weird putting that money into it. And what kind of shop would I go to to get the flanges re drilled? How much do you think it would effect strength? Maybe I should just see if I can order the solid ff 60 with a 5on5 to match...

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
And what kind of shop would I go to to get the flanges re drilled?
A good axle shop can do it, as well as a a lot of machine shops. It isn't difficult if they know what they are doing.

How much do you think it would effect strength?
The latest Superior shafts I've seen come drilled for 5x5 and 5x5.5, it isn't going to effect strength.

Maybe I should just see if I can order the solid ff 60 with a 5on5 to match...
Be a lot cheaper to get the flanges drilled out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 5 on 5.5 stuff they use to match the rear D60 is from 1/2 ton dodge pickups. From what I undersand it simply bolts on in place of the JK parts. You would need new unit bearings, rotors, and calipers.
You are talking about off the shelf Mopar parts, not Spyntec right? I have been wanting to switch to 5 on 5.5 to match my TJ. I will have to look into that!

peter

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.