JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, over the past two months I have been relatively bored, and have become somewhat proficient with a length of 550 cord. I have come up with a way to creat a nearly perfect sized (IMO) grab handle and am able to build it to where there would be no knot tying by the end user, nor would there be a need for any velcro. Strictly 550 cord. We all know that weaving 550 is not a difficult task, but, I figured I would give this a shot anyhow. Just wanting to find out if there would be enough interest in this for me to go ahead and buy a yellow star and start selling them. I have plenty of spare time over here, and I found something to keep me occupied that I kinda have a knack for. Here are a couple of pictures to get the idea, however, I am sure I could come up with pretty much anything you ask for. I have relatively large hands just for reference, and the other braid in the first picture is an idea i have for headrest grab handles. so let me know what you think!

Can also do keychains and all that sorta jazz...
dont know how great the detail will be with the pictures, so i will try to get more pics up soon, including pictures of installed grab handles...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno... I hear this guy thinks all his customers are douchebags... :thefinger:

Looks like a neat product. I've seen these around before but never figured out how they were made.
lol guess i may need to change that if this does go thru eh?
[worst part was it tooke me a minute to figure out what you were talking about]

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That stuff looks so easy. I've been working on a simple double cobra carabiner key chain and it's kicking my ass.

Good work!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
If you get the yellow star I’ll buy a set or two from you. I'm wondering how the end will tie to the roll bar. Having a long length of 550 available in the jeep and it being useful everyday is the exact kind of utilitarian I am into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.