JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of looking at the bumpers on the hood and since I will never put my windshield down, I removed the bumpers and put in some black nylon hole plugs. The plugs have the same surface texture as the fenders. The holes through the hood are .500, so a 1/2" hole plug was a perfect fit. I tried to remove the plug to get a pic of it, but it fits really good and I couldn't get it back out.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get the plug?
I got them locally at a mom and pop hardware store, Best Electric and Hardware.
I first went to Home Depot and wasted 45 minutes looking.
Went to Best and found them in 2 minutes.
I think Westlake (Ace) Hardware has them too.
Thanks for asking, I was beginning to think nobody was going to comment;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, when I get my rear bumper with tire swing I want to remove the spare tire bump stops from the door and need plugs to cover the holes.
I don't think these will work on the tailgate. I pulled my bumpers off the gate and if I remeber right the thru holes are obround. I ended up putting in rubber well nuts with S/S button socket head cap screws.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
wine corks

on my TJ, i shaved down plastic wine corks and painted them black to plug holes. sure, it was 6 or 7 bucks a plug, but it's worth it!

You could have purchased cheaper wine..... Or better wine and had the real high in plugs..... :smokin:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
nice, everytime I wash mine I bump the friggin things with a sponge or something and they go bouncing on the ground and I have to find them. May have to do this...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Awesome ... my windshield will never be down so thats a nice mod ... will make it easier to wax as welll!

FYI ... I took the bumpers off my tailgate and was able to fit a round cap ... like the ones you used ... in the oblong hole. Took a little trimming and a little more coercion but they look decent.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wanna see a pic of the bumstop on the rear put on the hood....

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
That would be the Kathleen Turner mod:smokin:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
That would be the Kathleen Turner mod:smokin:
I just came back to this thread to re-read after buying the wrong size plugs.

Thankfully, the beer was on the table and I wasn't mid sip or the screen and keyboard would have gotten a dose of PBR. Great one GK:beer:

·
Registered
799 Posts
:D You don't have your spare back there ???

Awesome ... my windshield will never be down so thats a nice mod ... will make it easier to wax as welll!

FYI ... I took the bumpers off my tailgate and was able to fit a round cap ... like the ones you used ... in the oblong hole. Took a little trimming and a little more coercion but they look decent.
:grinpimp::grinpimp: JIMBO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts