JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a crock of shit! Five US Troops are going to be reprimanded, potentially loose rank and careers because of the freaking rioting assholes in Afghanistan. :mad:

And let us remember why the korans were removed and burnt by the soldiers. Because the asshole prisoners were writing in them to pass messages, which oh- by-the-way is also against their cultural sensitivities. Nuke the whole damn country.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/...reprimanded-for-koran-burning-in-afghanistan/

I'll gaurangoddamntee you this order came from the top. I fucking hate this ball-less asshole we have as a Commander-in-Chief. :flipoff:

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Gutless, apologizing bastard. :flipoff:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I support what those troops did, but nuke the whole country? Spend time over there and talk to the locals. Those people dont deserve to be lumped in with the assholes that are in the wrong.
Hyperbole....ever hear of it? Do you really think any rationale person would recommend nuking a country in this day and age? I'm pretty pissed off that this is an issue that went all the way to the CinC and for him to apologize for a perceived slight. This was a manufactured outrage by the Taliban and Afghan Government to draw attention away from their own short comings, as well as a way to embarrass the US. And our civilian leadership walked right into it.

As of 2 Mar there have been:
1,483 KIA
300 Non-hostile deaths
15,415 WIA

http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf

Apologize for a freaking book being burned, let alone bring US Military personnel up on charges, I think not.

We send young men and women into harms way and then hold them accountable for rules they for which they are not aware. There seems to be an ever evolving set of rules when dealing with our enemy and it is not fair to those we send over. My brother is currently sitting along the Afghan/Paki border and it bothers me to no end that he is in that shit hole and our civilian leaders role over and do stupid pet tricks for the enemy.

And yes, I have spent a significant amount of time in that part of the world having grown up in the Middle East and courtesy of the Marine Corps. And I have talked with the locals (Iraq, not Afghanistan). But you know what? It is time to redeploy home.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hyperbole....ever hear of it? Do you really think any rationale person would recommend nuking a country in this day and age? I'm pretty pissed off that this is an issue that went all the way to the CinC and for him to apologize for a perceived slight. This was a manufactured outrage by the Taliban and Afghan Government to draw attention away from their own short comings, as well as a way to embarrass the US. And our civilian leadership walked right into it.

As of 2 Mar there have been:
1,483 KIA
300 Non-hostile deaths
15,415 WIA

http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf

Apologize for a freaking book being burned, let alone bring US Military personnel up on charges, I think not.

We send young men and women into harms way and then hold them accountable for rules they for which they are not aware. There seems to be an ever evolving set of rules when dealing with our enemy and it is not fair to those we send over. My brother is currently sitting along the Afghan/Paki border and it bothers me to no end that he is in that shit hole and our civilian leaders role over and do stupid pet tricks for the enemy.

And yes, I have spent a significant amount of time in that part of the world having grown up in the Middle East and courtesy of the Marine Corps. And I have talked with the locals (Iraq, not Afghanistan). But you know what? It is time to redeploy home.
Nice Rant, not much more can be said. I am however going to go out on a limb and offer this one thing up. Do you, or anyone else truly beleive the POTUS is actually in charge? It is pretty clear that the checks and balances that were set in place no longer work. I am not defending any presidential actions, this presidency or the last, they each had flaws, and each had a Party that ran the show. I do beleive that the last president that was in charge or dared to have their own thought may have been JFK. This thought process of his is more than likely why he caught a bullet, more like a half dozen. Anyway, back to the real reason to reply to this, noone should have their money, rank or career taken for following orders. This is complete horse shit and as far as I am concerned everythjng that is being done in Afghanistan needs to end because it is a waste of time, money and most importantly the lives of the young men and women of this country. This country being the only one that counts. Done

Sent from a Marine powered telecommunication device...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Take the Bible to their country and see what happens... you'll probably get killed if you there with one. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Take the Bible to their country and see what happens... you'll probably get killed if you there with one. Just saying.
Now, I am an athiest so I wouldnr be caught dead with a bible. Buuuut, Bible or not they would kill you. You should look up the Al Qaeda hand book. Its a good read, really gives you insight on what we are dealing with over there. There is nothing we will ever be able to do. They are just fanatics for their religion.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ok no nuke. But how about C-5's loaded with pork? Night time drops over all of the middle east.:thankyou:
We were supposed to give them HUMRATS when we invaded Iraq, we used to give them all of our pork meals... Lmao, fuck them, turn it into a parking lot. Isreal is ready...

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Don't nuke it yet. I am going as an advisor imbed in a few weeks, and I don't like the thought of my junk being glow-in-the-dark!

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

·
Registered
985 Posts
Remember the young Marine that landed himself on youtube, playing a guitar and singing "hadji girl"? If not, look it up, awesome song.

Well, all the oversensative leftist groups got their panties in a wad about that video. They wanted him punished. Got a bunch of political suits involved and a bunch of people told the Marine Corps to find and punish that young Marine for it.

The Marine Corps' official response was basically that young man is not in proper uniform as he isn't wearing his camo blouse. Therefore, he is out of uniform. If he was in uniform and as such representing the USMC, we would take action. We can't have a Marine being so unprofessional and giving us a bad name. But since he was out of uniform, his actions are his own, and he has the right to free speech.

It actually surprised me that the Corps would take a stand on free speech like that. And I can understand that if someone is representing the USMC, our Corps expects us to behave accordingly.

I don't condone burning any bible or flag. It's an extremely disrespectful act. It infuriates me to see my flag being burnt, and though I don't follow a holy book, if someone burnt my bible, I would be just as upset. But I certainly do believe in free speech. So it would disgust me more to see that right taken away - especially from the very military members that are there to protect it.

I guess so my take is this. Do what you want out of uniform, but if you are representing the United States Military, you have to act like it. Your actions while in uniform represent us all. And if the Military finds your actions unbecoming, your ass will get punished.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
In my eyes it stopped being a religious item and became contraband the moment they wrote in it to pass notes if that's what happened. Same as a toothbrush is ok in prison till you cut off the head and sharpen it then it's contraband.
Burning it to destroy it? If that's procedure, well then that's procedure tough shit not the military members fault.

·
Banned
378 Posts
What a crock of shit! Five US Troops are going to be reprimanded, potentially loose rank and careers because of the freaking rioting assholes in Afghanistan. :mad:

And let us remember why the korans were removed and burnt by the soldiers. Because the asshole prisoners were writing in them to pass messages, which oh- by-the-way is also against their cultural sensitivities. Nuke the whole damn country.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/...reprimanded-for-koran-burning-in-afghanistan/

I'll gaurangoddamntee you this order came from the top. I fucking hate this ball-less asshole we have as a Commander-in-Chief. :flipoff:
This adminstration at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is, without question, the MOST anti-American that's EVER been at the helm as CIC!!!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.