JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I know the local guy here with the VVT is averaging about 12 with 4.88's and 35" KM2's. This is with a low milage used engine and trans.

·
Registered
299 Posts
5.7vvt with 5.13' and 37's, I get 15 hwy and about the same city

·
Registered
187 Posts
how are you guys getting 12 plus miles??

i had the 5.7 for many years and hated it (a personal issue) and only saw 9.0 mpg give or take.... my jk is an auto 2007 4 door rubicon and ran 35's with a gear change.... i am not dissing the hemi in any way but am glad i have the stock back in- and currently am averaging 19.0 and no heating issue :bounce:
my big thanks goes to camp for resolving my issues (i know my haters like to flame... flame on losers)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
My non VVT 5.7L is averaging around 12mpg city. Unlimited Rubi, 35" Nitto MG's, steel bumpers, 3" lift.
I thought the VVT's were supposed to get much better mileage? Is the lower mileage number due to extra weight added by bumpers, winch, armor, etc.?

Anthony

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Local guy running 5.7 VVT with 37s and 5.13 gears on an unlimited is getting about 10 MPG. His rig has overheating issues on the trail though, so something may be wrong with his install.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Local guy running 5.7 VVT with 37s and 5.13 gears on an unlimited is getting about 10 MPG. His rig has overheating issues on the trail though, so something may be wrong with his install.
Whos kit is he running?

·
Registered
187 Posts
sound like you are talking about me... i think it has to do with the radiator not being big enough.... pretty much saw the heating from day one and was told it was the gears, tires, way to much weight and so on. the way gas is going i decided to go back to stock.... 2 weeks later i have no regrets and am glad my avg on the jk went from 9.0 to 20.0..... cop 4x4 (go on flamers) :thefinger: but took care of my engine swap...resolved death wobble and no longer have a dead battery....

i do not regret ever having a hemi and it was fun on the road but overall with today and the future of gas am glad with the stock....

·
Registered
828 Posts
IMO people should save there money for the new penestar V6. Throw a ripp supercharger on it and you'll have at least 350-400hp and 320-350tq. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 15-19mpg combined with that setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts