JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your putting a 5.7l hemi in a jeep with a transmission out of a dodge ram would it make sense to match more of the Dodge ram gear ratio? The ram 1500 with 5.7 came with 3.55 ratio if your running a rubicon you have 4.10 gear which is a ratio usually used on the gas 2500 series Rams. For the sake of the discussion let's say you were never going to put anything bigger than 33s for tires on. Any thoughts?

· Banned
2,341 Posts
If your putting a 5.7l hemi in a jeep with a transmission out of a dodge ram would it make sense to match more of the Dodge ram gear ratio? The ram 1500 with 5.7 came with 3.55 ratio if your running a rubicon you have 4.10 gear which is a ratio usually used on the gas 2500 series Rams. For the sake of the discussion let's say you were never going to put anything bigger than 33s for tires on. Any thoughts?
If you drop a 5.7 in, you are going to run 35's. You know it, we know it. What axles are you going to run?

· Banned
2,341 Posts
I have Dana 44 axels with 4.10 gearing. The question is more of a hypothetical making sure I am understanding everything at work. I'm still learning as a novic "mechanic".
It'll be a great crawler and will do well on the road. It will run a bit higher rpm than you need, but you'll be having too much fun to notice.
My experience with +350 #torque: easy on the skinny. 44 go boom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts