JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have full master install kits and 5.13 gears but I just don't have the 7-8 hundred dollars to pay a shop to get them installed. Is there anybody in the area that would be willing to do this any cheaper? Any body that knows how to set up gears on their own? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Im pretty sure I have heard of a few Jersey Crew guys getting quotes of like 300 an axle. Thats still 600 but maybe someone in the JC can help point you in the direction of someone that knows how to set up gears.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would still be about what id pay now counting gas to get there but thanks. I'd really rather pay someone that personally knows how to do it like 200$ then pay a shop. Maybe there just isn't anyone in this area that knows how.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That would still be about what id pay now counting gas to get there but thanks. I'd really rather pay someone that personally knows how to do it like 200$ then pay a shop. Maybe there just isn't anyone in this area that knows how.
Gears isn't exactly the place I'd cut corners on install. You'll save yourself alot of money and frustration by forking it up and getting it done professionally atleast there's some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Gears isn't exactly the place I'd cut corners on install. You'll save yourself alot of money and frustration by forking it up and getting it done professionally atleast there's some kind of warranty.
x2. Use a reputable shop so you have a warranty on the labor.

·
Registered
635 Posts
There are certainly people that know how... its whether they wanna do it or not cuz its a lot of work! And yes you don't want to cut corners when doing them

Whatchya talkin bout Willis?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.