JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
I am in the process of building a JK and am impressed with the build thus far but I have a couple of questions for you.

With so many lift kit options on the market what were the attributes of the Poly Performance Stage III Synergy lift kit that made you choose this particular set up?

Bead locks and 40 inch tires will be phenomenal off-Road but what do you think the driving will be like on the highway or just getting to the trail for that matter. Do you think you will be able to balance that combination and have a pleasant, relaxed black top experience? I have a 45 Willys MB with 37" Boggers on beadlocks and just getting to the trail is an adrenalin rush, I also have an 06 LJ with 35" KM2s with Staun beadlocks. They took some balancing but are now very comfortable on the highway and fantastic off-road.

I would like the same combination as you have chosen so will be interested to learn how good your choice is for all around use.

· Registered
37 Posts
I am in the process of building a JK and am impressed with the build thus far but I have a couple of questions for you.

With so many lift kit options on the market what were the attributes of the Poly Performance Stage III Synergy lift kit that made you choose this particular set up?

Bead locks and 40 inch tires will be phenomenal off-Road but what do you think the driving will be like on the highway or just getting to the trail for that matter. Do you think you will be able to balance that combination and have a pleasant, relaxed black top experience? I have a 45 Willys MB with 37" Boggers on beadlocks and just getting to the trail is an adrenalin rush, I also have an 06 LJ with 35" KM2s with Staun beadlocks. They took some balancing but are now very comfortable on the highway and fantastic off-road.

I would like the same combination as you have chosen so will be interested to learn how good your choice is for all around use.
You're right - there are many suspension systems on the market and some of them are excellent. I went with Poly Performance because of the total adjustability of all control arms, track bars, drag link, and tie rod while they're still on the JK (although I had to use a Currie tie rod with the new one-ton Rock Jock). This makes dialing the suspension in soooo easy. I also like the fact that the Poly crew took a lot of time working on coil rates and shock valving to get things right.

The Walker Evans beadlocks are cast as beadlocks and are strong and true. The 40" BFG KM2s take very little weight to balance. I'm not sure how living with the 40" tires on a daily driver will be. In fact, because of time constraints, we've put the 37s back on for the initial run to Moab this week (we ran out of time and want to do some careful rear wheelwell sheetmetal trimming). I can report, though, that Mount Logan has built a couple of other JKs with 40" tires and the owners of those Jeeps use them daily and are happy.

The JK looks a bit goofy with the wide Xenon flares and 37s on it.

· Registered
11 Posts
Phil it looks great and keep up the good work with the Mag. I don't own a Rubicon but I am having a set of JK Rubicon axles mounted under my 1985 Turbo Diesel Dodge D-50. I am going with Fox coilovers so we'll see how it work out. I ussually just poke around on the forum reading anything axle related because I am new to JK. I'll have to post my buildup in the others 4x4 section.

I have paid special attention to your build because I lived in Logan for the past 8 years and follow every Mt. Logan Offroad build up I come acrossed. The guys at Mt. Logan Offroad are the best. Their specialty stuff are works of art. They have come along way since moving into their new shop.

John and I talked about doing the build up on my Mitsubishi truck several times but we just never got around to it. I recently moved to Provo, so John recommended I check with Ben Hanks Racing in SLC. Needless to say, it is now Ben's headache.

I look forward to you finished product, and maybe I'll have to stop by the shop and sneak a peak.

· Registered
29 Posts

We did not have to put any weight on our 40" KM2s that were mounted on Walker Evans Beadlocks. http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/SESWIM/DSC_0061.jpg

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.