JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the same as everyone is rewireing or is it different ? I just ordered the superchip so I could lock in 4H or is this only a option on the rubi ? I am wondering I dont want to void my bumper to bumper so I really dont want to cut wires and add switches to a unit I can simply use a plug and play type unit to get all the same fetures. Am I thinking correct.:beer:TGIF Haffa Adai

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
If you don't have a rubicon then you dont have factory front and rear lockers. SOME non-rubis have a electric rear locker option, but you'll have the button near the hazard switch.

Any cutting or altering of any factory harness can very well effect it's ability to be warrantied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 H locker

So if I understand with my superchip program on my 2010 Rubicon I will be able to lock in 4H once I program it correct?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
So if I understand with my superchip program on my 2010 Rubicon I will be able to lock in 4H once I program it correct?
Yes, BUT the tuner has to be plugged into the vehicle and you work the lockers through the tuner. No messing with the wiring.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The Superchips docs say you can only lock one locker at a time, and if you go over 30MPH it will automatically unlock. I just got my Flashpaq today and haven't gone through all the options yet. Can anyone else verify whether this is true or not? I'd hate to be halfway through a long mud run and have my lockers disengage.

I'd like to do the manual switch mod, but my JK is only one month old and I'd hate to loose the warranty coverage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
any last minute advice before i update and run the program on my rig.
I have the tuner and I believe it does unlock at 30mph. I wouldn't worry about it since you can always retune to stock or whatever else you want . Go tune it and run it past 30mph and let us know.

PS - NEVER unplug your tuner in the middle of a tune if you get impatient. I did this while on the actual rubicon trail to get the trail tune. People started getting backed up and the tune was taking FOREVER. I said ef it and unplugged at 70% complete. Not smart. The vehicle cpu shut me down and I could not get any electrical back. I had to rerun the tune from start to finish and there were some pissed ass people behind me.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
PS - NEVER unplug your tuner in the middle of a tune if you get impatient. I did this while on the actual rubicon trail to get the trail tune. People started getting backed up and the tune was taking FOREVER. I said ef it and unplugged at 70% complete. Not smart. The vehicle cpu shut me down and I could not get any electrical back. I had to rerun the tune from start to finish and there were some pissed ass people behind me.
LOL! :thefinger: That HAD to be uncomfortable to say the least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts