JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a lot of information posted about aftermarket driveshafts but I want to hear what people with 5.5" lifts or more say.

I have the RK 5.5" lift which actually gave me 5.5" in the rear and 6.5" in the front. Haven't remeasured again to see if it has sagged with time.

I'm running, or was, JE Reel DSs and last week the front got the angry sparrows. Pulled it apart and the ball and ball stud were trashed (was quoted $300 to rebuild it, which I'm not doing). I've been running without a front DS since then.

Now, this morning I'm getting the angry sparrows from the rear. I'm going to remove it and run the stocker (only rear) until I get new driveshafts.

Those of you running 5.5" of lift or more, what DS are you running? Happy with it or are you having any issues?

Thx.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am not running quite as much lift as you, but I am running driveshafts from Curtis Tatton and they have been great so far.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
You might check out what we have to offer.

They are Made in the USA with Spicer & Neapco parts (American MFG'd) they can be had in 1350 or 1310 style setup.

LINK

Although, if your interested, we can get you the 2 U-joints & the centering ball to repair the driveshaft you have.

Depending on the tools you have & skill it would probably take you 2-3 hours to swap around.

:beer:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might check out what we have to offer.

They are Made in the USA with Spicer & Neapco parts (American MFG'd) they can be had in 1350 or 1310 style setup.

LINK

Although, if your interested, we can get you the 2 U-joints & the centering ball to repair the driveshaft you have.

Depending on the tools you have & skill it would probably take you 2-3 hours to swap around.

:beer:
Thanks for the link. I still have to pull the rear out to see how bad is it. The problem with the front is that the stud from the ball stud yoke is trashed too, that requires cutting the old yoke out and welding the new one in and balancing the DS.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I have the 5.5" RK but I'm still running with the stock drive shafts. I figure I'll go with it until they break and then I still have a spare (can't remember if it's front or rear) that Moose left me when he moved. Now RickM610 also has a 5.5" RK and I know he changed his DS. Can't remember to what (It's sucks getting old:shaking:) You may want to pm him to find out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the 5.5" RK but I'm still running with the stock drive shafts. I figure I'll go with it until they break and then I still have a spare (can't remember if it's front or rear) that Moose left me when he moved. Now RickM610 also has a 5.5" RK and I know he changed his DS. Can't remember to what (It's sucks getting old:shaking:) You may want to pm him to find out.
Hey lbeato, where have you been? Haven't seen you since Corbett 11/09.

PM sent to RickM610. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts