JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Probably depends on you. My Rubicon has the regular CD/Sirius setup and it sounds good. I have a Garmin, so I didn't need the navigation. I was looking for more capability, I didn't really care about the radio.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
It was for me. I have the 430N in our 2011 GC and loved it so ordered it on my new JKUR. I like the streaming music from my iphone and the fact that it has Garmin nav which I am used to having both in my GC and a Nuvi portable. The problem I have with the portable ones is that when I want it its usally on my desk at home :shaking:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
On my 3rd JK with NAV. 2 had the 730 and I now have the 430 and would recommend the 430 over the 730 even though it supposedly has fewer options. The mapping on the 430 is better you can see the street names on streets coming up where on the 730 you have to be zoomed out to see them and then the smaller streets don't show a name at that zoom level.
The 430 also displays more info when the map is open if you want to display it and you can change the icon to a jeep LOL
Bottom line is I would recommend the upgrade to the 430 but not all the way to the 730. If you get one don't forget to add the comms package for the controls on the steering wheel. That package also allows you to modify your preferences for other controls on the jeep.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
From what i have heard you can't see the screen with the top off in the sun.
Hah i never even thought of this. I got my hands on a used mygig and its been awesome. I love the touchscreen and nav. I don't need to hook up and do all the wires and suction cup to the garmin etc etc. Its neater and easier for me. But then again thats only because I got it REAL cheap. I will be swapping it into my '12. I ordered it with standard radio so I saved 1200 bucks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Mine is aftermarket with Garmin preinstalled and was half the cost of the factory model. If you want to keep it factory, I can't answer your question, if you want to go aftermarket, then you have many many options as to what you can do depending on what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.