JKOwners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here i go i have a 2013 jeep jk unlimited on a 4.5 inch rough country x series suspension 4.56 gears and reinforced axles and welded c's i was running 37'son 20 inch rims but upgrading to 24 inch rims and 40's. My jeep is mostly used city highway so yes its a mall crawler any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking maybe trusses front and rear and in a couple years a rubicon 44 front axle and 5.13 gears but in the short term trusses thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
40's on a d35? Excellent pairing.
The only suggestion I have is stay in cell service.
And get AAA. Tell them you need a flatbed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Late reply to an old thread, but I was wondering why this forum is so inactive. Well the first two replies would kinda explain it if they represent the warm and welcomming atmosphere here. Well done boys!

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
Late reply to an old thread, but I was wondering why this forum is so inactive. Well the first two replies would kinda explain it if they represent the warm and welcomming atmosphere here. Well done boys!
At risk of further veering this thread off topic, I can probably give you a somewhat satisfactory answer.

At one point, JKO was an independently owned forum and was an offshoot of it's bigger, red-haired and pear-shaped sister, Pirate4x4, which was also an independent forum. Why a separate forum for JKs? Because JKs and their owners are "special". If you don't know about how Pirate works, take a few moments to hop over and do a little light bathroom reading. While it is not quite what it used to be (let's be honest -- neither is JKO), you can get the "gist". If you have ever run with a fraternal group of folks, maybe through work, military, wheeling or school, you probably understand how it works. You probably also understand that when they make you spread extra chunky peanut butter between your ass-cheeks all night while making you hula hoop in a bikini, it's largely done to humiliate you, but it's also done because it was done to them and is part of the level-set on acceptance.

Now then, on with my story...

Times change, forums change hands, new modes of communication come and go. As you can see, people want "bite sized" easy-to-consume solutions and a lot of eyes and ears are now pointed to other platforms like TikTok, FB, Dischord and others. A forum requires, like, reading n' critical thinking n' stuff. It also requires patience, knowledge and understanding. There was a time when there was not a bunch of spoon-fed "how-to" articles on how to do things. There was a time when people had to figure out things on their own through trial and error. Believe it or not, the answer to the OP's thread has been addressed on this forum (and many others like it) countless times.

So, where does that leave us?

This forum is inactive in participation, but not membership. Every day, 5-20 new members sign up and largely find the knowledge and material they are looking for. They quietly use this forum as a point of reference and they get the info they need, because they stop, they look around, they search and they read pinned threads. In some regards, it makes JKO a victim of it's own success. While some like to ask the same questions that have been previously asked, others don't and move along with their day. I'm not here to say which is right or wrong - it just is what it is.

The JK platform was produced for almost 12 years. This forum has been there for all of it. As many will say, every question that can be answered has been answered. I don't necessarily agree but I can tell you that most questions asked have been answered previously, usually in depth. A lot of the active / participating members have fielded these threads countless times. You have to think of JKO as a tome of knowledge that is to be thumbed through and read, not just an active social club.

JKO has gone through some rough patches during transition of ownership and forum software updates, triggering the ebbs and flows of membership. There's no controlling that. Either people stick with it or they go elsewhere. A little of both has happened over the years. I'm not here to say what's right or wrong, I'm just here to help where I can, keep up with friends I've made over the years and try and keep the noise (like spam) to a minimum.

P.S. @coilrod is a very knowledgeable individual. He may be rough around the edges but his thoughts, advice and comments are often accurate and truthful. @CT Performance Inc is a great guy too and again, very knowledgeable.

P.P.S. Blaming forum participation on a salty thread reply is an easy comment to make around here. If assholes were airplanes, this place would be a tiny regional airport in flyover country. With that aside, those comments just add noise to other threads. My advice is this -- If a thread takes a nosedive or gets overrun with spam, or just gets plain nasty, use the "triple dot" icon at the right and report it. JKO's "crack team" of mods will respond and give bruised egos gentle kisses and take everyone out for ice cream later. That's why they pay us the big bucks.

Anyway, hope this helps -- and... Welcome to JKO.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
*welcoming.
Also fuck off back to Bitchtown, ya sniveling douchebag.
You can not, and I say this with love and human decency, can not put 40's a d35 and expect a great weekend out.
But mostly, just kick rocks.

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
You can not, and I say this with love and human decency, can not put 40's a d35 and expect a great weekend out.
You've got TJ's on the brain, sir. big grin doube middle finger emoji.
Also, for all the money OP wants to spend on beefing up to support that wacky wheel / tire combo, they should just rip the band-aid off and place an order for one tons.

·
Registered
125 Posts
*welcoming.
Also fuck off back to Bitchtown, ya sniveling douchebag.
But mostly, just kick rocks.
Awwww, sorry for the typo. Kind of an uncanadian behaviour, but, hey, this is the internet, some of us just can't handle themselves here.

Anyway. I agree, stock axle JK/JKU with 40" tires is a bad idea. Mind you the front is Dana 30, not 35, but I fully understand why you made the mistake. Furthermore, OP clearly stated that her/his rig is a mall crawler, so D30 will prolly take the added loads, if paved roads are what is used. I have 35" tires, and would not go any bigger on D30, as I do beat my Jeep every now and then. Even with 35's I'm a bit uncomfortable.

Now, go wash your mouth kiddo, and never come to Finland. You would not make it here with that attitude.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.