JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed 4 Kicker 43DSC6504 speakers in my new JK. I have the 130s stock system and the OEM speakers were pretty bad. Hooked up with crutchfield and $100 later had 4 speakers and all the mounting hardware delivered. Polyfilled the soundbar and dash pods and everything is good to go. Sounds 10x better...I am happy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Glad that worked out for you. That was exactly what I wanted to happen on mine.

I tossed in some nice new speakers, thought it sounded like shit, and it sent me onto the road to hell. Ending up with a new head unit and an amp as well.

The sound is amazing and I really like the CarPlay, but ended up spending more money and burning more time that anticipated.

First world problems....

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the roll bar still need to do the dash.
Did you replace the small top dash speakers also?
I did not replace the top dash speakers. The dash speakers take a bit longer to do, a few more bolts and tools needed. But well worth it when it's done. The OEM speakers with the 130s are really bad, so anything else is an upgrade. Without a sub, the low end is not there at all. Pretty much mids and highs only. If you go into it with that expectation you will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Sounds 10x better...I am happy.

I did the same, made it 100x better.
which is it....10x or 100x better? ha ha

I replaced my sound bar speakers with a pretty good aftermarket speaker, forget the brand. Already had poly fil in there. Couldn't tell any difference is sound at all hardly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced both the tweeters and speakers in the sound bar with Kickers, a HUGE difference. I'm still getting a rattling from the passenger side though.

I also replaced the speakers in the front on both sides with Kickers as well. I have the tweeters but can't figure out how (nor do I want to pull the whole dash out) to get to them, so I left them stock for now.

It is definitely worth the investment and time it takes to replace them. I trashed the stock speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tweeters are on top of the dash covered by a removable plastic grill. It pops right off so access is easy but mounting can pose a problem. (Speaking about a base system). I used a thick plastic packing material for the mounting base (a stiff closed cell foam). Just reproduced the shape of the factory mount. Since they are light the weight and support was not an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts