JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey JKO,

I have a currie rock jock 44 front end on order from currie and now the shop that I ordered it through is saying that I need at least a 4" lift to clear the 44?

I currently have a 3" BDS and have not seen anything about needing 4 inches of lift on curries website. The shop said that I need the lift so the axle wont contact the oil pan during a hard flex. Maybe an upper control arm mount could contact the pan?

Im just looking for answers. I don't want to have to lift the jeep higher if I don't need to. Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey JKO,

I have a currie rock jock 44 front end on order from currie and now the shop that I ordered it through is saying that I need at least a 4" lift to clear the 44?

I currently have a 3" BDS and have not seen anything about needing 4 inches of lift on curries website. The shop said that I need the lift so the axle wont contact the oil pan during a hard flex. Maybe an upper control arm mount could contact the pan?

Im just looking for answers. I don't want to have to lift the jeep higher if I don't need to. Thanks
Not true. Check your bump stops though....

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Da Fuc ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a good shop based on a Facebook group recommendation. The owner seems like he does very good work and showed me first hand some of his builds. I'll check with him about the caster.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a good shop based on a Facebook group recommendation. The owner seems like he does very good work and showed me first hand some of his builds. I'll check with him about the caster.
The amount of liftbyou have has nothing to do with whether the axle hits at full stuff. That is what your bump stops are for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Find another shop. Size wise theres really nothing different between a RJ44 and a Rubicon 44. The RJ 44 just comes with all the bracketry and caster already corrected for a 4" lift. You don't really need it though. It's just meant to match up with their RJ 4" lift kit. I ran with 2.5" of lift with mine for about 6 months and never had a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts