JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sounds like more trouble than its worth to pull a trailer just for the tires. Think about how much earlier you would have to get to the trail to swap tires so your not holding everyone up. What if the trail isn't a loop? Do you drive back to the trail head to swap the tires again. Speaking of swapping tires I know I wouldnt want to swap 4 tires after a day of wheeling. Oh and what about the spare? Then there is the gearing issue and you failed to mention the lift you are running.

As far as the D30 holding up....I would keep it open, sleeve/truss and gusset it and be easy on the skinny pedal.\

In short I think its a bad idea all around.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Also consider the bumpstops if they are not set up for the big meats you will have rubbing issues. You will also need to trim the rear pinch seam. Whatever wheels you may decide on getting for those 38's will need proper backspacing. Im not saying that the D30 is the issue, I think that having to swap wheels at the trail head would be short lived.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.