JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tossing around the idea of putting 37s on my 08 jku but talked to a local shop and he was saying how with 37s and 5.13 I really wouldn’t be able to run down the interstate. Is this true? My Jeep is my DD and I would like to make frequent trips to Colorado for wheeling as I live in Nebraska. For those running 37s on your 3.8, which gears do you have and can you run 75mph under or around 2500 rpm? Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Noaho25,
I have an 08' jk with a slush box, Gears are 5.38 and run 37"x13.5 Toyo
and have zero problems running 75 MPH all day long, for the last 4 years.
I go over Snoqualmie Pass in Washington all winter long. Just my .02 cents

Reactions: JRodriquez

·
Registered
540 Posts
Been running 5.38's with 37's in my 09 for about 6 yrs with no issues. Run down the interstate at 70-75MPH with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
my 3.8l four door has 5.13s and an auto running 37s . On 2nd set and have no issues. I can even beat the other two in an interstate race because mine will go 80mph with no issues . One finger driving.
It takes some diligence, understanding, work & many considerations but is totally doable. Just make sure your axlehousings are up to the task. Hitting holes with super heavy tires when driving at high speed is a great bender of parts & things. Artec is a very good vendor to bookmark.

:jeep2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this can be kind of a redundant questions for lifted Jeeps but it still is a factor, what are you getting for mpg?

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
ya know, I have no idea. I am not a good candidate to ask that question for many reasons.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ran 37's for a long time (60k miles). 5.13 gears and auto. Averaged 14 mpg, and travel the interstate all the time. (70 mph) FWIW - I still have the original d30 front axle with no issues, even when I go mudding.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Ran 37's with 4.10's for about 2 years when it was my DD. Then I upgraded to 5.13's and ran them as a DD for 2 years. Now the jeep is 99% trail use only but it still does 75mph down the highway to get there. I have no idea on MPG nor do I care, its a jeep.

Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
i drove 160 miles round trip yesterday to my home OHV Park & kept track for OP;
at 70-80mph on freeway with many long, straight inclines ( Cumberland Ridge - google it or ‘ Nashville Dome’ ) , running 25psi in brand new 37” MTs on a 3.8l with auto and 5.13 gears plus a FlashPaq set to account for the changes , the MPG reading from evic was 14.8mpg averaged .

(note: your mileage may vary)​

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not accounting for OD, but a decent comparison for tire sizes Vs gears...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts