JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can be done. Everything clears great on the street. Sure it will rub in the woods though. I'm overal happy with it. Gotta gusset up that axle before I wheel it again, I'm sure them big tires are a strain on it.

I'm 5'6" for reference:thefinger:

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Looks good, it can certainly be driven on the street. Need to see some flex pics!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good, it can certainly be driven on the street. Need to see some flex pics!
long story short...it doesn't have any bump stop extensions on it right now. So gotta do that first then we will see how bad she is flexed out.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looking good. I like the fenders.

Sent via Morse Code using my iJeep

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
long story short...it doesn't have any bump stop extensions on it right now. So gotta do that first then we will see how bad she is flexed out.
Im curious to see your results. I have the same suspension setup, more or less

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good! :beer: Check the Planman's threads for how much bump stop you'll need for those big rubbers!
awesome, thanks for the info, will definately check that out.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What lift is that?
skyjacker 2.5" coil lift. I had a rubicon express bb on it to begin with that was 2.5" but the coils definately picked it up a lot more. Got an extra 1.75 in the front and 1.25 in the back. The lift is super stiff though. Doesn't ride like stock anymore. I need shocks as well.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
I'm about to head out and install my Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel today. I buttoned my 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on the Raceline Monster beadlocks last night.

I've got some cutting to do to make it work but my initial install won't have bump stops. LOL!

I'm going to cycle it and see how my particular application fairs before I tear it apart again and install bumps.

I will have pictures later! Looks good!

FWIW - I helped a guy put a 2.5" Budget Boost on his Rubi Unlimited with full factory flares and 37" KM2s. We had to trim the rear pinch seam and the front air dam, but it rolled down the road. However, I don't think it could crawl a speed bump without tearing something off. LOL

Marcus

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm about to head out and install my Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel today. I buttoned my 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on the Raceline Monster beadlocks last night.

I've got some cutting to do to make it work but my initial install won't have bump stops. LOL!

I'm going to cycle it and see how my particular application fairs before I tear it apart again and install bumps.

I will have pictures later! Looks good!

FWIW - I helped a guy put a 2.5" Budget Boost on his Rubi Unlimited with full factory flares and 37" KM2s. We had to trim the rear pinch seam and the front air dam, but it rolled down the road. However, I don't think it could crawl a speed bump without tearing something off. LOL

Marcus
As I used to say with my GTI. "F--k speed bumps".

·
Registered
865 Posts
i want my jeep that size :D
corey, yours' is a 2door? i have the same springs that racinfast is running on his unlimited on my 2 door and it got me right at 3.75" over stock and i can't tell much difference in the ride quality. i am still using the Teraflex shocks and discos and the bumpstops i got with the puck boost.

sorry for the highjack Racinfast, your jeep looks very cool.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you doing anything to your Dana 30 to handle the 37s?
I am going to get the poly performance c-gussets and a spare set of axle shafts. I want the weak link to be the axle shafts. They are easy to replace.

And thanks for all the kudos

·
Registered
813 Posts
ACTUALLY, the jeep goes over speedbumps just fine! :p I've been too busy with life in general to do much to the jeep since the lift and tires went on, all i've managed to do is install a shrockworks stubby. after a couple months, the only places it rubs is on the framerail in front, and on the plastic inner fender in the front of the rear tubwell, but only when "street flexing". LOL

1 - 20 of 49 Posts