JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Nice build, looks ready to handle the Con on Thursday or Friday!! See you soon.....

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
sub'ed

you may have just inspired the forum's most apathetic & self-deprecating member to follow your lead ( beginning a build page) *.

That would be pretty cool to go to meet VKS ,Vick & hang around that shop. Not-to-mention being able to have VKS burn their sliders onto yer pig...

Nice freakin' build so-far ,man

:jeep2:

(*dont overlook the "may-have" part; my generation like to find ways-outta even the smallest commitment :bounce: )

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I have this reoccurring nightmare where I'm forced to spread crunchy peanut butter between my butt cheeks in exchange for admittance into a secret society.
🤣😂🤣😂 I just spit coffee all over the wall.....

Reactions: Rick Rand

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have never washed the outside of my Jeep in 3 years. Occasionally it gets hosed off or rained on. I clean out the interior but that's it.
We need to join forces, I only clean the outside never cleaned the inside. Dusty plastic doesn't rust so I can't be bothered to deal with it :smile2:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks for the positive waves, sir. I wish I could have made it down to Jeep night to get it inspected, however, I was afraid you guys might haze me. I have this reoccurring nightmare where I'm forced to spread crunchy peanut butter between my butt cheeks in exchange for admittance into a secret society.

lmao

I haven't gone yet either because I'm afraid it's something like this....

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
I don't have an ramp or fork lift so when I need to check if things rub, I use my backhoe to dig a hole in my back yard and drive my jeep into the hole and start looking for binds / rubs.

When I change something on my JKU, I always ask myself would thedirtman make a stinging but accurate comment that ends in "...but it's your money do what you want".
Those some funny chit lines right there!

Don't fret man, I think we all imagine this as dirtman when he first runs across our rig on the trail.

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
FYI, I was slightly winded and had a sweaty forehead after I submitted the initial post, so I get it. I am looking forward to following yours since a lot of the stuff I chose was based on your experience and guidance.

Thanks for the positive waves, sir. I wish I could have made it down to Jeep night to get it inspected, however, I was afraid you guys might haze me. I have this reoccurring nightmare where I'm forced to spread crunchy peanut butter between my butt cheeks in exchange for admittance into a secret society.

i thought it was dropping them into a martini you had to drink to the group with after successfully picking-up olives with your butt-cheeks , from off the top of a 200lb slab of ice but ,the crunchy JIF or Peter Pan is a thing, i think that would be degrading AND add a physical element to the whole thing that olives just don't bring. I say ," Engage, Number One" to that criteria having to have been met..:dustin:

edit: I can imagine him actually out back digging a hole w/ his backhoe for this purpose.

lol...That is what the kids refer to as ," lit" .

·
Registered
749 Posts

i thought it was dropping them into a martini you had to drink to the group with after successfully picking-up olives with your butt-cheeks , from off the top of a 200lb slab of ice but ,the crunchy JIF or Peter Pan is a thing, i think that would be degrading AND add a physical element to the whole thing that olives just don't bring. I say ," Engage, Number One" to that criteria having to have been met..:dustin:

edit: I can imagine him actually out back digging a hole w/ his backhoe for this purpose.

lol...That is what the kids refer to as ," lit" .

Jeffery you have been warned in the past (Put Down The Matches) If You Lit another one you'll get locked up , not an ankle bracelet like the last time .

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't have an ramp or fork lift so when I need to check if things rub, I use my backhoe to dig a hole in my back yard and drive my jeep into the hole and start looking for binds / rubs.
I miss my old trusty IH backhoe. Yeah, it was older than dirt and parts were getting REALLY hard to find, but she ran well and had so much power.

A few weeks ago I rented a "mini" Kubota backhoe from Home Depot. What a gutless POS. Took hours to dig out a tree stump the old IH would have had out in 5 minutes. And then the Kubota could not pick it up after it was out. I had to roll it away like a dung beetle rolling a ball of shit!

Pics of the backhoe please! Jealous...……..

·
Registered
916 Posts
i thought it was dropping them into a martini you had to drink to the group with after successfully picking-up olives with your butt-cheeks , from off the top of a 200lb slab of ice...
I would not be surprised if that was an actual ritual for some of the elitists that live in the wine country area lol

Btw, looks good Snout. Much better than an FJ any day.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
I'm in. Need to borrow my sazall?

edit: wait a minute. Why is this hid in the Regional Forums all sneaky like? thedirtman WILL find you.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
Trying to decide if I want to burn on gussets this close to JKCON. I'm still on stock BJs but I'm wondering if anyone has had any issue with removing and then re-pressing on the stock BJs. I probably have some life left on these ones and don't want to buy new ones yet.
Many moons ago, I gusseted my front axle C's without pressing out the ball joints. Just keep a bucket of water and a couple big rags handy: weld and inch or so, then use a soaked rag to pull heat out of the area around the ball joint. Worked fine for me - I went a few years before needing to change out ball joints.

Oh, and your rig is looking sweet! :rockon: Have fun on the Rubicon :bounce:

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
Ultimately. I'm just going to buy manual disconnects and throw the disco in a flaming bag and dump it on j3ff3ry_j33p's doorstep.
If you do successfully get the e-sway clocked up but still hate it, a lot of fellows I know like having them for removing the motor and adding EVO's no limits manual disconnect vs going with the quick disconnect links.

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
Ok, we can do this, we just can't screw it up like last time.

I'll go if you go... better yet, JKCON this FRIDAY! I just saw there are fabulous PRIZES.

They say never meet your heroes. haha.

That's how I got my WAL membership. If I pop out the other end of the Rubicon and everyone refers to me as "Peter Pan" you know what happened.

IH - That's a real backhoe. I'm a Kubota guy, so I understand your frustration behind what I assume to be a BX model's inability to scratch anything below about 6" of dirt. I imagine it was great at pulling itself around the yard every time you stuck the bucket into the soil. BX / B Series frames are too light to do work and you spend 75% of the time fighting the tractor instead of digging.

Here are a couple of my hoes.

Here I'm trying to tear off wiring

B Series are great for tight spaces (i.e. fence lines and grape rows) but the L Series is where they start getting useful. I've dungbeetled my fair share of stumps, never thought of it that way but funny as hell.

Kubota diesels are bullet proof. I will give them that.

Dude. I was hiding it from the builds that require cutting shit. If it makes you feel better, I went a little crazy cutting back the bumper horns, so now my winch sits halfway into the grill. It was liberating to cut crap off and not care.

edit: probably better move this shit show to chit-chat. :lol:

yup.
I have an article in some magazine that came out in past year or two where two guys had inherited something like a 1955 or 1953 flat fender and wanted to preserve its state of patina and old cage, seats, etc...so they slapped a kubota small but super torquey diesel in it and it took it to Moab where it was a krawling force to be reckoned with.
‘ A topic For another thread, but just backin this statement-up ....

edit: you ragged on your ‘spensive wheel/tires earlier; I think they’re awesome. I would lov3 to have BLs that high quality!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts