JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 2door rubicon 6 speed with a 2.5 teraflex BB and 295/70R17(33.6) trail grapplers. I am wanting to up grade to 37's! I am planning on getting atleast the RK 3.5 lift, maybe the max travel.

Question is do I go with the pitbulls or the Goodyears?

I only drive this on the weekends and after work(4000-5000 miles a year) as I have a company truck.

I want the pitbulls but heard that they do not balance very well, so it got me thinking about the MTR's.

anybody have thoughts?

I wheel at the badlands(attica, IN) every chance I get and am willing to give up some on road performance for off road preformance.

:shitstorm:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I LOVE my MT/Rs and am in a similar position. I have 35s now and am wanting to get 37s. I'd buy MT/Rs again without hesitation. However, they aren't available. If they were, I wouldn't even consider anything else.

Because you can't get them, I'm thinking Rockers myself.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
If I could've gotten the Kevlars (I assume this is what you're looking for) in a 40" or 42" tire, then I would've gone that route. That being said, I don't think I'll be disappointed in my Rockers. I'm not at this point and I've been rollin' on them for 3k miles or so.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
If it's sees more road mtrs if it sees more trails pits!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'd say the mtr/k's, but finding a set of 37's right now will be like finding a unicorn. Look into BFG Krawlers too since it's not a DD.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
jeeperjkj did the pitbulls balance fine?
Haven't found anyone that'll try yet. I should probably do the beads, airsoft BBs, or something similar, but I haven't yet.

I did drive it from NJ to AL and it does fine. It has a wobble around 65 now, but it's not gonna death wobble or anything. I cruised the whole way down here at 60mph and it was tolerable.

I might look into doing something with them (airsoft maybe) when I get back to Jersey later this month.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do like the BFG krawlers, but at $525 compared to $387 for MTR's and $423 for the pitbulls, the krawlers are a little pricey.

Are they worth it? How many miles are they good for? 15,000 or 20,000 miles?

:gluging:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
From reading your OP, I'd say get the Pitbulls and don't look back. I will have 3,000+ miles on mine in ~6 weeks after this trip is over. If you can't stand 5,000 in a year on a set of 37's, then you've got issues and you need to just sell the JK.

·
Registered
126 Posts
anybody have idea how long the 37 MTR's will be on back order?
currently goodyear is saying October 2012. I was going to get the mtr kevlars in 37s but decided not to wait. So i went with the 37" pitbull rockers and am getting them put on in the morning.

·
'merica
2,237 Posts
currently goodyear is saying October 2012. I was going to get the mtr kevlars in 37s but decided not to wait. So i went with the 37" pitbull rockers and am getting them put on in the morning.
Why are they on 10 month backorder?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I do like the BFG krawlers, but at $525 compared to $387 for MTR's and $423 for the pitbulls, the krawlers are a little pricey.

Are they worth it? How many miles are they good for? 15,000 or 20,000 miles?

:gluging:
I hear ya on the pricing of them! I honestly couldn't give you a fair estimate what they're good for mileage wise though. Just heard great things about them. I think there's a few sets with low mileage up for sale on here.

Me too, but didn't want to wait. It's just absurd! :mad:

Because Goodyear is full of a bunch of fucktards.

Actually, that's a good question. Same one we've been asking for 18 months or so now.
Yep, that!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts