JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida and will be wheeling the East Coast. My driving is as an offroad toy, its not my DD so road manners aren't a concern. I'm looking for something thats good in the mud and east coast rocks. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.

I have been looking at the Super Swamper Irok 37 Bias and the Toyo Open Country M/T. Both seem to be around the $350 each range.

What else should I be looking at?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wheel the east coast, but not the Florida mud.

Been real happy w my 37" MTR's.

Give a look to the Pitbull Rocker and the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw
Florida mud can act like GA clay mud, thick, sticky, and slick. But in FL quite often there is no hard bottom, just the water table.

I didnt know they were still making the Baja Claws in 37s, I thought they phased out many of those sizes infavor of the MTZs

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd recommend staying away from the toyos. They do have great road manners, but you aren't worried about that.

For east coast rocks, my mtrs hook up well. Also, have seen buddies do very well with claws and pit bull rockers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
everybody I know that runs IROKs in bias ply says they are not good to buy because once you have them you don't want anything else :) of your two choices if strictly play rig SS if DD or semi DD Toyos.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I have the bias Iroks and love them. They have been great off road, and fine on road. They also are very light at like 68 lbs each.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Offroad only? Lots of heavy, thick mud? You need a tire with huge voids. You need an Interco TSL, Bogger, or Irok. All the other tires mentioned are great tires, but are a compromise in that they all try to at least have some road manners by way of tighter spacing between the lugs. They will all fill up with mud and become slicks waaaay faster than the Intercos.

Just re-read your post. Go with the bias iroks. They fit your description better, are lighter, and tougher. As a bonus, they just look fucking badass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts