JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at trading my 2010 in for a 2012. In that process I am looking at having the dealership buy the factory tires (if I can get a decent price) and put on some 35's.

What I need to know is if I can safely drive with those tires back to my house to put on wheel spacers and fenders. Any clearance issues that would make this an absolute no go?

Side note... I've got a buddy that works at the dealership and one that works at a tire shop. I haven't lost my mind and going to pay dealership prices for tires. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
I drove mine home with 35's & no lift, rubbed the rubi rock rails but that was about it (trimmed when I got home). But I already had flat fenders on it. If you plan on wheel'n it stock then you'll definitely have some rubbing issues.

Stock springs with 1" body lift in this pic

sent to you from a paper cup & some long ass string

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope no wheeling. This is just to drive it 10min down the highway to get home, park it in the garage and install the needed parts. I just dont want to pay/dont trust the dealership to install spacers (not sure they would anyway).

·
Registered
4 Posts
For giggles... I put on my 35 x 12.5 x 15 BFG KM 2's before having my lift on and they fit fine except for at full turn they rubbed. Not much room at all. I would be a bit nervous driving on that setup though. Be careful for sure if you decide to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.