JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new JK and am wondering if my ultra 50 rims (15" off my '01 TJ) with 12.5x35's BFG all terrains will fit under a stock JK.[/C:)OLOR]

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
no.

rim bolt pattern is differnt.

35s will fit but will rub if you do more than drive over a speed bump.

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND... there is a ton of info on this site. grab a :beer: or two and start reading ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all who replied. i hadn't even checked the rim fit spec themselves. Just thinking about the tire height. Guess I'll go ahead with the 4" Tera LCG and 37's like I was originally planning. (I know, I know...5:38 gears,:bounce: cv drive line, etc, but what the hell it's only money.): :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks to all who replied. i hadn't even checked the rim fit spec themselves. Just thinking about the tire height. Guess I'll go ahead with the 4" Tera LCG and 37's like I was originally planning. (I know, I know...5:38 gears,:bounce: cv drive line, etc, but what the hell it's only money.): :grinpimp:
I'm gonna like this guy! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
:laughing2:
I just bought a new JK and am wondering if my ultra 50 rims (15" off my '01 TJ) with 12.5x35's BFG all terrains will fit under a stock JK.[/C:)OLOR]

is it only me or did he just go from useing a 9 year old set of rims to going with a long-arm with 37's and a re gear:laughing2:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I like your thinking.:beer::beer::beer: Would you adopt me, I need money.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I just sold my 01 TJ with 4" Tera long arm (and many other mods) and 35X12.5X15 BFG ko's and bought the new JK. Since the JK is already locked and crawlboxed I was thinking of putting my extra set of ultra 50's (un-narfed for street use) w/35" ko's on to see if I really neaded to go to the expense of a lift or if a gear change & bigger tires would be enough with all the other stock goodies already on it. I know now that not only is the bolt pattern different but the JK won't accept 15" rims but will 16 or 17" rims w/ 35's fit under the stock JK without clearence problems?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Actually I just sold my 01 TJ with 4" Tera long arm (and many other mods) and 35X12.5X15 BFG ko's and bought the new JK. Since the JK is already locked and crawlboxed I was thinking of putting my extra set of ultra 50's (un-narfed for street use) w/35" ko's on to see if I really neaded to go to the expense of a lift or if a gear change & bigger tires would be enough with all the other stock goodies already on it. I know now that not only is the bolt pattern different but the JK won't accept 15" rims but will 16 or 17" rims w/ 35's fit under the stock JK without clearence problems?
No.

15 inch rims do fit, I have them on my Rubi. 35's wont fit without a lift, unless you trim the shit out of alot of stuff. I have a 2.5 BB to stuff 35's under for now, and still had to trim 1.5 inches of the rock rails, and big effin hammer the pinch seems down to avoid rear tire rubbage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
15 inch rims do fit,

Thanks Mike. The tech at ultra wheels told me you couldnt use 15 on the JK (I assumed not enough circumfrance for brake gear) but maybe he meant Ultra didn't make a 15 to fit.

·
Registered
516 Posts
15 inch rims do fit,

Thanks Mike. The tech at ultra wheels told me you couldnt use 15 on the JK (I assumed not enough circumfrance for brake gear) but maybe he meant Ultra didn't make a 15 to fit.
Backspacing is key. The stock JK backspacing will not work with a 15" wheel, most likely he looked at a chart, on mine its 3.75. Also, alot of people grind down a bit of material on the caliper to clear 15s, with mine I had no issues so I didnt have to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts