JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for pictures with 2.5" to 3.5" lifts with 35s on Stock Wheels. I actually like my stock wheels on my JK (X model with upgraded 17" wheels) and am thinking of having them powder coated to flat black.

going to lift it 2.5 to 3.5 - thinking about a 3" Rubicon Express - and add 35s to my stock wheels. I know I have to run wheel spacers - so am curious about the dangers of that on the interstate as well.

So...please post pics of your 35s on stock wheels and give how much lift you've got.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
i have 35s on stock wheels, 1.5" wheel spacers and 2.5" coil spacers for my lift. cut the stock flares. I can stuff all of it, minor minor rubbing on the rear when i fully tuck it.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
look at my profile page....I have done 35s on 2 JKs. First one is a 2 door with a Teraflex 2.5" lift, MOAB wheels and 35s. Second JK is a 4 door with Teraflex 3" lift and 35s on MOAB wheels. I ran the 2 door as well as running the 4 door with spacers and no issues.

Good luck on your build! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts

2.5" RC progressive rate with 2.2 shocks, 1.25" RC body lift, 1.5" RC wheel spacers.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm running 35's on same rims as urs and love them. Check out my profile pic as well as other threads I've started. I'm running 2" RE bb and coils from unlimted 4dr hardtop with 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers and have no probs at all. On trails, I've aired down to 17 psi with no probs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info and pictures.

Next question...with a 2.5" to 3" lift, what's the largest tire I can go WITHOUT spacers? Could I go to a 33"?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
without wheel spacers? i'd imagine a 33". But thats hardly any difference over the factory 32s if you ask me..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm confused, again. Tire time. I'm leaning toward a GY 305/70/R17, but I rather like my factory Rubi rims. Rims are 7.5 wide. GY says I need an 8.0 width. But I see lots and lots of threads where people have mounted a 12" tire on Rubi rims.

Is this wise? What am I missing here?

Yes, I know. I'd need spacers. Much less $ than 5 new rims.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I'm confused, again. Tire time. I'm leaning toward a GY 305/70/R17, but I rather like my factory Rubi rims. Rims are 7.5 wide. GY says I need an 8.0 width. But I see lots and lots of threads where people have mounted a 12" tire on Rubi rims.

Is this wise? What am I missing here?

Yes, I know. I'd need spacers. Much less $ than 5 new rims.
It's just fine, poor man's beadlock!

·
Registered
113 Posts
35's on stock wheels and 1.5" spacers,, right at 4 inch lift.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If I go with the 35's on the stock rim, will I need any kind of spacer for the spare tire? Will be mounted directly to the rear swing gate for now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you are going to use the stock tire carrier the answer is yes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts