JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I pulled my doors off for the 1st time last night in anticipation of the 70+ degree day, put on the sweet cover from tire-covers.com, pulled the back seat, and tossed my grill in the back[my going-away BBQ at the Sqdn this afternoon] and blasted in to the office this morning.

It was a COLD 30 minutes, :eek: but it was AWESOME :bounce:. I can't wait to move out to New Mexico in May and dive like this ALL summer and fall.

...and yes, I know I need mirrors, they are on order [Rugged Ridge Relocation Brackets], but the cops I saw seemed more dumbfounded that I was driving like that than anything else. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
brave man!

It was in the lower 60's yesterday morning. I had the doors off and i was freezing going to work. (short sleeve shirt and blue jeans) It would of helped if i had a jacket on though, but dang you're just brave for taking the doors off when its that cold.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I came into work this morning, temp on mine said 5 C (41 F).....little chilly but worth it at the end of the day when it is 15 C (59 F) Did it yesterday too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I pulled my doors off for the 1st time last night in anticipation of the 70+ degree day, put on the sweet cover from tire-covers.com, pulled the back seat, and tossed my grill in the back[my going-away BBQ at the Sqdn this afternoon] and blasted in to the office this morning.

It was a COLD 30 minutes, :eek: but it was AWESOME :bounce:. I can't wait to move out to New Mexico in May and dive like this ALL summer and fall.

...and yes, I know I need mirrors, they are on order [Rugged Ridge Relocation Brackets], but the cops I saw seemed more dumbfounded that I was driving like that than anything else. :)
LOL i did the same thing yesterday, but i at least left the top up for the morning commute. the temp said 33 when i got in but once i got moving it went up to 41 :grinpimp: it was kind of a long 12 miles this morning

Sweet tire cover

·
Registered
966 Posts
That heater kicks ass tho eh? Ive tried to go topless/doorless whenever Its not raining. If I angle the vents right I can send the blistering hot air up my right sleeve and hit my face with the door side vent. My GF on the other hand hates me for it and with the cold, and her long long hair she said she wants to start a forum for the ladies called Pirate Wenches so all the other long hair/cold sensitive women can ***** and share tips lol.

·
Registered
495 Posts
RIGHT ON! Drove mine like that for over a week, 40-50deg. in the morning and nice 75deg. on the way home but now it is going rain so funs over. Funny to get the Jeep wave and the you're a moron headshake together :shaking:, after the second day I wore my hunting coveralls and was good to go. :beer:

No mirrors either, and I never noticed how many cops there are around here. No problems though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You might want to consider throwing a mirror on that rig when the doors are off if you don't want to be hassled by smokey.
...DOh...read full post before commenting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts