JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really wish some of these threads would get merged after an hour of searching i still cant find the answers im looking for.

what is the gas mileage differnce in running 33"s and 35"s

D30 holding up 33" vs 35"

do the brakes need to be upgraded? i havent seen anybody address this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Clearance, chop or lift(min of 2.5)
yes, youll lose 1-2 mpg possibly more from what ive read going from 33 to 35
gearing?
what are you gonna do with it....street/offroad
C gussets will help structurally
wheels? might need spacers depending on offset
and a whole slew of other unknowns without more on what you have now

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Mileage will take a hit going from stock 32's to 33's.Same same when going from 33's to 35's.Increased rolling resistance,lift height etc.:bawling:

·
Registered
950 Posts
i really wish some of these threads would get merged after an hour of searching i still cant find the answers im looking for.

what is the gas mileage differnce in running 33"s and 35"s

D30 holding up 33" vs 35"

do the brakes need to be upgraded? i havent seen anybody address this.
well.. all depends.. 33's is only a few inches more.. maybe lose 1-2mpg.. thats if ur running 29's.. 35's with 3.73 gears would suck.. u would need 4.88 or 5.13 gears... umm on a D30 with 35's i would do c gussets to be safe. no brakes dont need to be upgraded.. im running D44 with 37's and dont have a stopping problem.. hope this helps some

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well.. all depends.. 33's is only a few inches more.. maybe lose 1-2mpg.. thats if ur running 29's.. 35's with 3.73 gears would suck.. u would need 4.88 or 5.13 gears... umm on a D30 with 35's i would do c gussets to be safe. no brakes dont need to be upgraded.. im running D44 with 37's and dont have a stopping problem.. hope this helps some
thanks that did help

and the reason i didnt ask about lift and ect is i already know about all of that. but ill be running the TF 2.5 and either 15x8 or 16x8 rims depending on the tire i go with. and im running 265/70R18 right now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts