JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, im having a hard time deciding on tires for my 14 jk sport. it has 3:21's in it unfortunately thats y im not goin 35"s. i live in upstate ny so we do get snow, do mostly mud and dirt trails no rock crawling and it is my dd. they will be goin on either 17" or 18" xd addicts or pro comp rims. any input on these tires and how they compare would be great! thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have toyo KO2 in 34x10.5-17 and they would work well with 3.21's. They are excellent tires for a DD. I swap back and forth between these and Toyo 35's and you might want to add Toyo at2's to your list as well in say a 285/70-17. both are excellent all around tires.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
DD? I would think road noise might be a consideration?

For gearing considerations, my 315/70 Duratracs measure 33.5" at 28psi.
They are really quiet on the street while performing well offroad.

I had KO2s on my WJ, to get the M+S rating I had to get an E-rating. They were not significantly different in road noise from the Duratracs on my JK but the E-rating gave a harsh ride. Considering the difference in tire size between the JK and WJ, noise from the KOs was on par with the larger tires on the JK, telling me the KOs are not as quiet of a tire.
I've since put Duratracs on the Grand. I don't notice any road noise. Then again, I drive the JK topless, so my perception may be skewed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a jeep and 2 trucks that I plow with that have Duratracs. We really like them. I also have a jeep and another plow truck w bfg ko2's. Seem good so far. I would seriously consider the 34 10.50 bfg or a 285 17 duratrac.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Our JKU Rub has the 315/70/17's with just under 40k on them. They are getting down on tread and are starting to get louder now. But, the wife always commented on how great they were in the snow and how she didn't use 4wd that much. Thankfully Buffalo has had a mild winter so I didn't have to pull them. They have worked well for us and I take it in the creek with some rocks and have no chunking under these conditions. We also don't do deep mud so I cant comment on that.
Would buy them again but also looking at Nittos and Cooper STT Maxx and the KO2

·
Registered
3 Posts
some good info here. I am also thinking about switching out tires gonna keep my stock rims for now to save some money. But after my research i think the bfg ko2 is at the top of the list!! i would def. check them out if i was you.
Im prob gonna go with 275x70x18 which comes out to 33.2 inches says tiresize.com

are you gonna put any lift or spacers??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts